1 - 9 of 9 Posts

francescool

These caves are amazing 😎

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Great video, thanks for sharing!

Here are a few resources about popular beaches and castles to visit in Kefalonia:

kef_john68

Wow, these caves do look amazing! I can't wait to visit them when I go... I didn't see them the first time I was there.

Reactions: francescool

francescool

Wow, these caves do look amazing! I can't wait to visit them when I go... I didn't see them the first time I was there.
I recommend Melissa cave, its one of the best for sure. Take pictures if you go and please post them :) :)

Jerry s

Lake/cave Melissani 12 August 2018.
The lake has brackish water and the deepest part is some 30 mtrs (100' for Americans).
1633236620991.png
1633236714685.png

Last edited:

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member

Jerry s

Antisamos beach. One of my favorites in Kefalonia, note the turquoise water and green mountain! Not far from Sami. I know it is not famous like Myrtos.

1633237040004.png

Reactions: efhernandez_

efhernandez_

k_tsoukalas

This is a great video. Kefalonia is so beautiful... It's one of those magical places where there is so much to do for the outdoors!

Check out this beautiful traditional Greek music and dance in Kefalonia

This is some of the most beautiful Greek traditional music and dance that I have seen. If anyone knows the name of the actual song and the type of dance, please let me know. I hope that one day I'll be able to visit the island and join in on one of the celebrations. I'm not even sure what they're celebrating, but it looks great. If anyone has more information on the video, I would love to know.

Single travellers

I am arriving in Argostoli at the end of May. I am a single traveller, dont drive, quite elderly! Anyone have suggestions re trips/excursions? (Am a seasoned visitor to the island).

The island of Kefalonia just published brand new tourism videos!

These official videos have just come out and they're stunning. There's a few different ones, this one focuses on food and gastronomy but there are others such as Destinations, Nature etc. The quality of these videos is so amazing and I am sure that it is going to attract very many tourists. I am even considering visiting the island myself even though I never had it on my list. I am so excited to see what else they come out with!

Have you ever been to the Castle of Assos in Kefalonia?

The Castle of Assos is an old Venetian fortress that has been left over from the Italian occupation of the island. Today, it is a beautiful pile of ruins that tourists can visit and learn about the history of Greece. You can hire a guy to take you around the different parts and explain the history, but I don't really recommend them as most of the information is available online if you're willing to do your own research. Please let me know if you've ever been! I would love to learn about what you thought of the castle.

Have you seen drogarati cave in Kefalonia?

Drogarati cave is the kid that has existed for centuries, but was discovered only 300 years ago and is open for tourists!! You may find this cave a little bit spooky, or absolutely beautiful. It has many stalegtites and stalelmites that cover the cave. The cave was even used during World War II if you can believe it. Take a guided tour, where someone will explain to you the history of the cave and the uses during the war. Here are some links for more info

Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter