1 - 2 of 2 Posts

nadellii

This kebab is famous in Greece for its flavor and its roots in Konstantinople. It’s marinated in spices and tomatoes and then topped with a dollop of yogurt. It’s also usually served with pita bread and grilled veggies. It’s the best!

91467344-C233-4A2B-BA78-F90DF90268E1.jpeg

k_tsoukalas

What is the spice on the yogurt? That looks delicious!! How are the kebabs seasoned?

Greek Grilled Corn Recipe to Try

One of my favorite street foods in Greece is the grilled corn you get on the streets and every now and then, I like to try to replicate it at home. Do you have a favorite way of preparing this? Here is one of the recipes I am planning to try:

Please drop your suggestions in the thread, I plan to a bunch of different recipes.

How Do You Make Your Greek Village Salad?

I got turned onto this salad recently and I realize that it's such a nice change of pace from the salads I usually make. I love how it doesn't use lettuce because I don't always seem to have it on hand.

Here is the combination I like for mine. How do you guys like making it?

- tomatoes
- cucumber
- green bell peppers
- red onion or scallion
- kalamata olives
- feta cheese
- plenty of olive oil
- oregano

I like it a bit room temperature so after I make it, I set it on the counter for maybe 45 minutes before I dive in. It also gives the flavors a chance to meld together. I would like to try making other combinations!

Compiling a List of Fasting Recipes and Foods

So, I am slowly figuring out what my fasting style is going to be. I am going to start by fasting on Fridays. I am putting together a list of foods I can have during fasting days. I decided to do completely vegan this one day a week. Here is my list of foods:

- Lentils and rice
- Lentil soup
- Anything with chickpeas
- Salads dressed with lemon juice or vinegar (if it is a no oil day)
- Breads - I am going to shoot for multigrain on fasting days
- Lots of vegetables in general
- Occasionally eat fruit

What do you guys do?

Making My Own Phyllo?

I have been having trouble with frozen phyllo - it sticks when I take it out of the package. I will try to switch to a different brand, but I am wondering if I should actually give making my wn phyllo a try? Do you guys have any tips for me?

I found this recipe - does it look good to you guys? I have never done this before:

Gluten Free Moussaka?

I am going to a dinner party where the hostess is gluten free. I thought I would try making this and bring it to her house. What do you guys think of it?

I have made regular moussaka with gluten, so I think I will be okay with this (I am kind of new at cooking Greek food).
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter