1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Hash

Mykonos without gossip is not Mykonos!❤️

Reactions: nm1999
Mykonos without gossip is not Mykonos!❤️
My family and friends always gossip about the celebrities who are traveling to Greece

Reactions: Hash
My family and friends always gossip about the celebrities who are traveling to Greece
If I begin to write how many celebrities I have seen in Mykonou I will fill up the entire space here!😀🇬🇷🇬🇷

Reactions: nm1999
If I begin to write how many celebrities I have seen in Mykonou I will fill up the entire space here!😀🇬🇷🇬🇷
Who is your favorite celebrity sighting in Mykonos??? I am so curious

Reactions: Hash

Things to Do in Mykonos at Christmas

I am thinking of heading to Mykonos this Christmas season to visit some people. I thought I would share some thoughts about what I can do there this time of year.

Christmas Markets

Like many other places in Europe, Mykonos also has its own version of Christmas markets. Wander around the charming alleys of the old town and discover festive stalls selling handmade crafts, traditional sweets, and local delicacies. The main market takes place in Manto Square, where you can also experience the lighting of the Christmas tree and carol singing.

Traditional Celebration

Christmas celebrations in Mykonos follow the Greek Orthodox calendar, which means that the main festivities are held on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. You can attend the midnight Mass at one of the island's many churches, such as the Paraportiani Church, or witness the local traditions of kalanda (carol singing) and feasting on traditional dishes like avgolemono soup and roasted lamb.

Christmas Shopping

There are some great shops on Mykonos. I can do my Christmas shopping here!

Getting Around on Mykonos

I was in a Mykonos last year as a cruise stop, and I found trying to figure out how to get around to be very annoying. I couldn't find the bus stops, I didn't know how to buy a ticket, I had a hard time finding a bathroom on the way to the bus stop I finally figured out I needed.

I thought I would do some research. What could I have done differently? I found this video to be very helpful.

Advice for an extended stay in Mykonos

I plan to be on Mykonos for about a month over the summer and I honestly feel like I am a bit late to the party securing a rental for that long. I am not seeing much on airbnb.

That could change as more properties become available... I don't know.

Am I missing something? Are there other networks that people use when going to Mykonos that I maybe haven't thought of? I don't want to move mid trip but I guess I could. Like do a week here and there. It could give me a chance to see different things on the island.

Good Clubs in Mykonos?

I have heard mixed reviews about partying in Mykonos. Some really love it, some can't stand it. I love a good nightclub so I am hoping I will love it. I love to dance, too. I don't like anything over the top, just normal club vibes.

I did some preliminary research. What do you guys think?

- Scarpa
- Skandinavian Bar
- Cavo Paradiso
- At54

I don't know how to tell if any of these are still open.

Best photo spots in Mykonos?

I want to document my next trip to Mykonos with some great photos.

Does anyone have personal favorites or insider tips on the best spots for photography in Mykonos? I'm interested in both, the well-known attractions and those off-the-beaten-path locations that offer unique perspectives of the island's charm.

Also, if there are specific times of day that bring out the magic of these places (think golden hour or less crowded moments), I'd love to hear about that too!

Any tips on local etiquette regarding photography would also be greatly appreciated. I aim to be respectful of the people and the culture during my visit.
Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back