1 - 5 of 5 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

This is one of my favourite things to make during Christmas because I don't like desserts that are super sweet. This bread is so tasty and kind of reminds me of tsoureki. The bread is super aromatic and has a great blend of spices that will make your house smell excellent when baking it! The recipe is pretty easy and I like to follow along using YouTube video so that I can see exactly what the baker is doing. Let me know if you like this one!

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions: knicks_fan87

ladytina

I have never made this bread, but I do enjoy eating it. It tastes a bit like tsoureki to me, but that could be because of the spice used? I am not all that confident in my bread-making skills, so I am nervous to try making it, but this recipe does look pretty straightforward. It looks delicious, though!

Reactions: knicks_fan87

knicks_fan87

I have never made this bread, but I do enjoy eating it. It tastes a bit like tsoureki to me, but that could be because of the spice used? I am not all that confident in my bread-making skills, so I am nervous to try making it, but this recipe does look pretty straightforward. It looks delicious, though!
It definitely takes some practice. Once you do it once or twice, you will know how to get the texture right. With bread, sometimes you don't always need to follow the recipe because different brands of flour or butter for example will create different consistencies. I follow the recipe but I always add a little extra flour or water if I see that its too runny or thick.

I have some family memories of making this bread. I agree that it is tricky to get the texture right, but after making it a few times, you get a feel for how the dough is supposed to feel.

What desserts are served at Greek weddings?

Are there any desserts that are specific to Greek weddings? I’m going to a Greek wedding this summer and I would love to know waht tasty treats are on the menu so I know what to look forward to! 😋

What should I put in my Greek seasoning blend?

I always love to make homemade seasoning blends because it’s so much cheaper and I can control exactly how much sodium is in the seasoning blend. I’ve seen many Greek blends online, but I wonder if you have any advice for some homemade blends. I’m sure that many will have oregano and black pepper, but I’m looking for some more suggestions. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

G is not only for Greece but Gastronomy— and gourmands:

Its grilling season!

I’m so excited! This is the first day that I’ve been able to get outside and start grilling. I made some chicken, pork chops, and beef tenderloin seasoned with lemon and oregano. Is anyone else grilling this summer? 😎

CBC9304B-37FF-4E92-B0AA-7D2A11D52FFB.jpeg

What are your favorite Greek summer recipes?☀️

Now that summer is in full affect, I definitely want to start cooking some great Greek summer recipes! Does anyone have any Greek recipes that are perfect for summer, I'm looking for something light, fresh, and potentially made on the barbecue! If you're able to drop some recipe links, even better!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter