1 - 5 of 5 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

This is one of my favourite things to make during Christmas because I don't like desserts that are super sweet. This bread is so tasty and kind of reminds me of tsoureki. The bread is super aromatic and has a great blend of spices that will make your house smell excellent when baking it! The recipe is pretty easy and I like to follow along using YouTube video so that I can see exactly what the baker is doing. Let me know if you like this one!

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions: knicks_fan87

ladytina

I have never made this bread, but I do enjoy eating it. It tastes a bit like tsoureki to me, but that could be because of the spice used? I am not all that confident in my bread-making skills, so I am nervous to try making it, but this recipe does look pretty straightforward. It looks delicious, though!

Reactions: knicks_fan87

knicks_fan87

I have never made this bread, but I do enjoy eating it. It tastes a bit like tsoureki to me, but that could be because of the spice used? I am not all that confident in my bread-making skills, so I am nervous to try making it, but this recipe does look pretty straightforward. It looks delicious, though!
It definitely takes some practice. Once you do it once or twice, you will know how to get the texture right. With bread, sometimes you don't always need to follow the recipe because different brands of flour or butter for example will create different consistencies. I follow the recipe but I always add a little extra flour or water if I see that its too runny or thick.

I have some family memories of making this bread. I agree that it is tricky to get the texture right, but after making it a few times, you get a feel for how the dough is supposed to feel.

What are your favorite Greek summer recipes?☀️

Now that summer is in full affect, I definitely want to start cooking some great Greek summer recipes! Does anyone have any Greek recipes that are perfect for summer, I'm looking for something light, fresh, and potentially made on the barbecue! If you're able to drop some recipe links, even better!

Strawberry covered ekmek kadaïfi

This dessert is one of the best I’ve ever made! It’s a simple ekmek kadaïfi recipe that I found from google and I topped it off with pistachios and strawberries. It tastes just as good as it tastes.
B688E5EE-1414-4CCB-9F1A-1B6D37621EAD.jpeg

How to make a classic Greek village (horiatiki) salad

This village salad is probably one of the most popular salads in Greece. Many Greeks will start their lunches and dinners with the salad and it is considered to be very healthy, especially when you use local ingredients. All you need to do is chop up the following ingredients and toss it in a salad bowl.

- 3 tomatoes
-Half a red onion
-Half a green pepper
-1 block feta cheese
-2 large spoonfuls of olives
-2 large spoonfuls of olive oil
-2 teaspoons of oregano
-1 teaspoon of salt

What are some of the easiest Greek recipes?

I'm looking for something super simple to make this weekend. I'm so tired from a long work week and I just want something healthy and of course Greek to snack on. Does anyone have some super simple and easy Greek recipes that I can make at home?

G is not only for Greece but Gastronomy— and gourmands:

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter