1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Raymond Gorgone

There is a long-forgotten realm of gods, myths, and religions I stumbled upon years ago, and have been independently researching ever since. We are all familiar with the geographical image we commonly refer to as the “boot of Italy.” What has been lost for centuries is the knowledge that the ancients knew of many such images and created stories telling of those image’s imagined interactions. Today, many of those stories survive as myths.
To explain my discoveries, I’ve created a video presentation, Geographical Images of the Gods. View my presentation and you will see the goddess Aphrodite riding her seashell, Zeus wielding his thunderbolt, Adam, and Eve in The Garden, and much, much more.
I am currently looking for imaginative people who might become interested in researching this long-forgotten realm with me. There is still much to be discovered, and I can’t do it all alone.
You can view my presentation, Geographical Images of the Gods, at geographicalimagesofthegods.org. Your questions and comments are welcome.

Reactions: mj_toronto8

mj_toronto8

There is a long-forgotten realm of gods, myths, and religions I stumbled upon years ago, and have been independently researching ever since. We are all familiar with the geographical image we commonly refer to as the “boot of Italy.” What has been lost for centuries is the knowledge that the ancients knew of many such images and created stories telling of those image’s imagined interactions. Today, many of those stories survive as myths.
To explain my discoveries, I’ve created a video presentation, Geographical Images of the Gods. View my presentation and you will see the goddess Aphrodite riding her seashell, Zeus wielding his thunderbolt, Adam, and Eve in The Garden, and much, much more.
I am currently looking for imaginative people who might become interested in researching this long-forgotten realm with me. There is still much to be discovered, and I can’t do it all alone.
You can view my presentation, Geographical Images of the Gods, at geographicalimagesofthegods.org. Your questions and comments are welcome.
Very cool! What is this presentation for?

Raymond Gorgone

Very cool! What is this presentation for?
I'm glad you took the time to view my presentation and found it "very cool."
As to your question, my presentation, Geographical Images of the Gods, was created to enlighten the world on what I believe are the long-forgotten origins of many gods, myths, and religions. I hope my presentation inspires others to explore the ancient use of geographical imagery with me. I would be happy to try to answer any questions anyone might have.

Mentions of Food in Greek Mythology

When I was in school, I remember learning about Greek Mythology in school and reading some of the myths and legends. I actually don't remember the specifics of the stories, but I was just thinking that I DO remember the food mentions! I came across this article when I was trying to research it online. I found it interesting:

These are some of my favorite Greek foods! Maybe that's why it was memorable...

These are the Argonauts ⚔️

The Argonauts are the lesser known heroes! They were a group of heroes who followed Jason to retrieve the golden fleece. According to the myth, there was about 90 of these warriors, who were pivotal in achieving the dangerous conquest of the fleas. The argonauts were named after Jasons ship, the Argos, which they used on their journey.

Roman mythical men?

Does roman mythology have any sort of "mythical men" similar to the spartoi?

Information about Delos in Greek Mythology?

I am interested in visiting Delos. It's so fascinating! I love learning about Greek Mythology and I wonder if Delos has ties to Greek Mythology? This is a bit I found about Delos from the Wikipedia page:

Delos had a position as a holy sanctuary for a millennium before Olympian Greek Mythology made it the birthplace of Apollo and Artemis. From its Sacred Harbour, the horizon shows the three conical mounds that have identified landscapes sacred to a goddess (it is predicted that the deity's name is Athena) - in other sites: one, retaining its Pre-Greek name Mount Synths (Mount Kynthos), is crowned with a sanctuary of Zeus.

Would love to learn more, if anyone can point me in the direction of some good resources!

An Ancient Magical Spell?

In many parts of the world many people or magicians attempted to avert evil by either using amulets or uttering commanding dispelling words. In my native town (founded by Italic Greeks [Throurioi] in 204 B.C., in southern Italy, as I mentioned before) there is a magical spell , which I learned there before moving to New York, but it is in corrupt Latin form, while the local dialect is a bundle of Greek, corrupt Latin, and corrupt Italian words. Its contents make me suppose that it is a late version of a Greek spell:
"uottu e nove, fore mal'uocchiu" literally = "eight and nine, outside/away [be] the evil eye".
Fore = Latin Fore
Mal'uocchiu = male uocchiu < Lat. Malis/Male + Oculus
8 e 9 mean nothing to me, but I have an hypothesis: those words are an invocation to the 8 Chthonic gods and the 9 Celestial or Olympian gods -- not so classified by Hesiod, but probably by Dorians.
The Celestial gods would be , as in the oldest myths, Ouranos and Gaia, plus, from later myths, Selene or Artemis, Ares, Hermes, Zeus, Aphrodite, Chronos, Helios or the Solar Apollo. The Chthonic [terrestrial and underground] gods would be Hades, Poseidon [of fresh and salty waters], the triple-goddess
Hekate [originally the One Below, Khthonie herself; Hekate Phosphoros in Hades; but also identified with Selene/Artemis], the Chthonic Apollon or [Thessalian] Haplos, and two others: Demeter, the mother of grain vegetation, personified as Kore, and Kore, who after Hades' abduction, was identified with Persephone.
So it seems.
Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube