1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Hash

Last edited:
Reactions: nadellii

nadellii

Beautiful!! Greece needs more wins like these!!

Reactions: Hash

The best neighborhood to stay in Athens is Thiseio

The Thiseio neighbourhood is perfect for your stay in Athens because you are able to have access to some of the best sites. It is walking distance to the Acropolis, and Monastiraki as well as many different art galleries, shops, restaurants and cafés. When I stay in this neighborhood, I really don't find myself needing to stray and I can find everything I need in walking distance.

A walking tour of Lavrio, Greece

Lavrio is the coastal town in the southeastern part of Attica which is the region where Athens is located. This is a great place to visit if you want to go to restaurants and shop around, but also be by the water. Personally, I get pretty tired of staying in downtown Athens because there's not much of a breeze and I can't get to the beach very quickly. This is only super easy if you're renting a car, otherwise you can get to the beach or visit closer beach areas like Glyfada.

Take a boat instead of driving to Porto Cheli!

I've seen so many people rent cars and drive all the way down to Porto Cheli from the Athens airport. While this is a great option if you prefer to drive, many people overlook taking a boat because it takes just a little bit longer. The reality is that taking a boat is much cheaper, and you also can be a lot more comfortable since you're able to walk around the deck, get snacks and coffee, and use the bathroom. Personally, I love taking the boat, because I also like to visit Hydra and Spetses when I am there and it's much easier to take boats to both of those islands as well.

Up-to-date Athens Festival Guide!

Tips on making your trip to the Acropolis kid friendly!

Many activities in Greece can be kid friendly, as long as you make some minor adjustments. The acropolis is a great place to visit but it can get a bit tiring for young kids who don't like being in the sun or walking up a lot of stairs. My first recommendation is to go very early in the morning, or late afternoon when there is not a lot of sun. Make sure the little ones are wearing hats and sunscreen and they are very hydrated. I suggest that you don't spend too much time at the top of the acropolis, but rather take a stroll through the museum and have a snack at the Café that overlooks the Acropolis. As always, you can make the experience more fun by getting some goodies at the gift shop.
Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter