1 - 6 of 6 Posts

mj_toronto8

I am not Greek, but I love the country. I am looking at it as a potential wedding destination. Does anyone have any advice? I have no idea where to start. Someone said to find a wedding planner in Greece. Also, I am not 100% sure on the destination but I have narrowed it down to the following places:

1. Milos
2. Crete
3. Santorini
4. Mykonos

Any advice that you have for me would be great. I am excited for this chapter in my life, but I have no idea where to start. I would think that I need to find a destination before I hire a wedding coordinator?

Reactions: Laura48

Laura48

I’m sorry I don’t know anywhere on these islands but St Paul’s Bay, Lindos, Rhodes is a beautiful venue. Not sure it’s suitable for anyone with mobility issues due to the slope down to it, and when I was there the ceremonies were being performed in the courtyard rather than the chapel due to inappropriate behaviour by an earlier wedding party, but it’s a beautiful venue with the acropolis across the way.
Lindos and nearby Pefkos are nice resorts and very much geared up to deal with weddings.

Patisqua

I’m sorry I don’t know anywhere on these islands but St Paul’s Bay, Lindos, Rhodes is a beautiful venue. Not sure it’s suitable for anyone with mobility issues due to the slope down to it, and when I was there the ceremonies were being performed in the courtyard rather than the chapel due to inappropriate behaviour by an earlier wedding party, but it’s a beautiful venue with the acropolis across the way.
Lindos and nearby Pefkos are nice resorts and very much geared up to deal with weddings.
Island of Kastellorizo. 3 hour ferry ride from Rodos. Kas (Turkey) an hour ferry ride. There is a small airport. Small island away from the tourist throngs. Most tourists are Australian born Kastellorizians. Picturesque. Beautiful church. Wedding friendly.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1589964984693.jpg
    FB_IMG_1589964984693.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 0
  • 2019 Greece Kastellorizo 1.jpg
    2019 Greece Kastellorizo 1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 0

Sandyrigo

I am not Greek, but I love the country. I am looking at it as a potential wedding destination. Does anyone have any advice? I have no idea where to start. Someone said to find a wedding planner in Greece. Also, I am not 100% sure on the destination but I have narrowed it down to the following places:

1. Milos
2. Crete
3. Santorini
4. Mykonos

Any advice that you have for me would be great. I am excited for this chapter in my life, but I have no idea where to start. I would think that I need to find a destination before I hire a wedding coordinator?
My daughter is getting married on Crete next June. She is having it at the venue of Roxani Estates outside of Chania. She is using a wedding planner, but the venue also has many contacts. She is estimating about 100 people in attendance.

k_tsoukalas

I am going to be attending a wedding in Crete, likely next summer. The island seems to have a lot of options for people who want to plan a wedding. My friend is Greek, but that shouldn't make a difference, whether you are Greek or not. I don't think they had a wedding planner, but they did have family on Crete helping out.

I have heard of Roxani Estates @Sandyrodrigo - it sounds gorgeous. The wedding I am going to is in a village at someone's villa, but I heard good things about Roxani, too.

I would recommend getting a wedding planner, but I would wait until you narrow things down.

mj_toronto8

My daughter is getting married on Crete next June. She is having it at the venue of Roxani Estates outside of Chania. She is using a wedding planner, but the venue also has many contacts. She is estimating about 100 people in attendance.
This is interesting advice. I might looking into Roxani Estates. I think that Crete is a good island for my purposes because I have a large guest list for a destination wedding.

Thank you everyone for chiming in!

Nearly 8 Million Tourists Visit Greece in First Half of Year

Flights to the islands have become cheaper than taking ferries!

I never thought this would happen….but from the prices I’ve been searching for this summer it seems to make more sense to fly to these islands instead of taking the ferry. Nor only that, flying is much faster and they offer free snacks on board. When you book your transit please don’t jump to the ferry booking sites and check google flights or sky scanner first! You never know what you can find. Best of luck fellow travelers. 😊

Trying to Figure Out Where to Retire in Greece...

I am not quite there yet, but I am looking to retire in Greece - I just am not sure where is the best place to go. My family is originally from various places all over Greece, and I do have family and friends all over the country. However, I am not really tied to a particular location. I was thinking that Athens might be the best location for practical purposes - there's a lot to do, plus here are a lot more "services" there (hospitals, shops, restaurants, etc). However, it might be a little more expensive than other places in Greece? I am also looking at other places, like Peloponnese, Crete, Kefalonia, Zakynthos... What do you guys think?

Advice for Staying Fit While on Vacation in Greece?

I live in California, and I am used to living a pretty fit lifestyle. Recently, I have been a weight loss journey, connecting to my Greek roots and the healthy foods that are part of the Mediterranean diet. Although I wasn't active for a long time, I have found that there are plenty of opportunities where I live in LA. There are a lot of gyms, parks, I go for daily walks, etc.

I am planning my next trip to Greece and I need your advice. How do I stay fit? We are planning to spend a few days in Athens and then do some island hopping. We won't be staying in a hotel with a fitness center. I plan to pack something portable, like my fitness bands, so I can do a quick workout in my room if I need to. Yet, I see that Greeks are very fit. What should I do while in the country? How do Greeks stay fit?

I am older, but in decent shape. I can walk, hike, etc. I was thinking of heading to Crete just so I can hike the Samaria Gorge. I have friend my age who did it and thought it was a great experience. I am open to any advice you can give.

Mind-opening Wellness Tips Post Covid - The Greek Vibe!

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter