1 - 2 of 2 Posts

dimi_pat

Crete has some of the best beaches I have ever seen. I thought I'd share this link I found:

I haven't been to Crete in a while, but the next time I go to Greece, I was thinking of spending a few days here. I have only been to a few of these and of the ones I've been to, Balos is my favorite.

Those of you who have been to Crete, what do you think of this list?

k_tsoukalas

Every time I am in Crete I try to visit Elafonisi Beach - I highly recommend it. The list looks pretty good to me, but I am not sure I have visited any of those other beaches.

Where can I see live traditional Cretan dancing?

I would love to get a taste of the Cretan culture and see some traditional dancing next time that I'm in Crete. Does anyone have recommendations about where would be a good place to see live dancing? I've seen some tourist oriented places in Athens for dancing online that I am planning to visit as well. Thanks in advance! :)

Essentials to See in Crete?

I live in Greece, but am a bit nomadic. I plan to spend an extended period of time on Crete in a rental and I want some advice about what to do while here! I found this link:

I know this site is geared towards tourists, and I am an expat living in Greece so I am not quite a tourist. But, I am a writer and plan to finish something on Crete before I move on.

From that list, is there anything here that you think I absolutely won't want to miss? For me, the time tends to fly and even if I am in a place for a few months, I get swept up in the daily life and don't seem to do as much as I originally planned. I need a plan!

Great Area in Crete for a Wedding?

Some of you may remember that I am planning a wedding in Greece. So excited!

I think I might want to look at the island of Crete for it because my guest list will likely be pretty large, and I feel like the island has a ton of options and things to do.

Now, I am wondering which area to focus on. Chania? Heraklion? Something else? Most of the guest list will be coming from other places, so we will need a large enough area with plenty of options for places to stay and things to do.

Where Exactly is the Cave of Zeus?

Visiting Theriso on Crete.. Advice?

Lately I have heard so much about Theriso and how great it is, particularly the food. It seems like it is a "must visit" on Crete. What do you guys think? Do you have any advice for me? I have been looking into Cretan cuisine and wanting to collect information for my next trip to Greece.
Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube