1 - 3 of 3 Posts

seleanor

I always like to keep up with up and coming Greek artists as one of the best ways to keep in touch with what is going on in Greece and of course to try my best to keep up with the language. Eleni is a new artist that has Albanian roots and grew up in Greece. She is modernizing Greek music and even bringing the sound to all over the world, I have seen her preforming with major artists such as J. Balvin, bravo to her!

Reactions: Hash

Hash

I always like to keep up with up and coming Greek artists as one of the best ways to keep in touch with what is going on in Greece and of course to try my best to keep up with the language. Eleni is a new artist that has Albanian roots and grew up in Greece. She is modernizing Greek music and even bringing the sound to all over the world, I have seen her preforming with major artists such as J. Balvin, bravo to her!

Terrific artist and fabulous dancer, superbly talented,if I remember correctly she has a Spanish connection somewhere...she represented Cyprus? in Eurovision song contest 3 years....Fuego... meaning Fire! fotia 🔥 in Spanish... here is the video, enjoy! she should have won!❤️❤️❤️😢😢

And my very favourite ❤️❤️❤️

Last edited:

k_tsoukalas

I love this song! It's awesome, thanks for sharing it.

Reactions: Hash

What is considered taboo in Greek culture?

Every culture has their taboos and stuff that isn't really talked about or normalized. I am wondering what is considered taboo in Greece, and what I should avoid bringing up, or maybe only bring up with caution. Or if there's anything that I should avoid doing because I don't wanna offend anyone. Thank you so much, your advice is very much appreciated. I think it's very important to know these things before travelling to any country!

What are the most in demand jobs for Greek speakers?

I would love to leverage my Greek speaking ability in the job market and see where my skills can be most valuable in the future. I am still in school now, so I am not looking for a job quite yet but I am just curious what everyone else's experience has been. Is Greek a useful language to know outside of Greece?

What is your favorite Greek song? 🎶

Please post your favourite Greek songs! I'm trying to listen to more and more international music, and I would love to hear some recommendations. My personal favourite is To Tango Tis Nefelis.

A beautiful Cretan wedding

Cretan wedding traditions are probably the most elaborate out of all the regions in Greece. It's one of the only cultures that still holds onto their wedding traditions so strongly. I personally can't wait to go to a Cretan wedding and experience all of this in person. If you are from Crete, please let me know if you had some of the traditions at your wedding!

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter