1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Hash

Last edited:

AlexiaTravels

The number of tourists who visited Greece in the first seven months of the year was 4.5 million or 51.4% than a year earlier, but less than a third of the level recorded in 2019, according to Bank of Greece data! One of the first countries in the World recovering in Tourism Industry!👏👏

https://greekreporter.com/2021/10/04/greece-announces-a-whopping-6-1-growth-forecast-for-2021/
This is really good news, since many in Greece depend on tourism. It's not fully "back" but it's nice to see it start to rebound, given all that has happened.

mastichas09

This is really good news, since many in Greece depend on tourism. It's not fully "back" but it's nice to see it start to rebound, given all that has happened.
Yes, I think its like 80% of the economy is dependant on tourism

AlexiaTravels

Reactions: efhernandez_

efhernandez_

That's a really high number!!! That's crazy.
Its actually a little less, but still super high in comparison to other countries. Greece is the #1 country that is dependant on tourism. "In 2018, tourism accounted for as much as 20.6 percent of the country's GDP, and 30 million tourists are said to have visited the country that year."

Is it more difficult to island hop in Greece because of covid?

What has been everyones experience? Should I stick to one island instead of jumping around?

These are the best historical towns to visit in Greece!

If you're looking for old towns and beautiful architecture, there are a few standout places that you have to visit!! I love Thessaloniki old town because there is also great things to do all around the city and it is by the water. Chania old town is also great, and Crete is one of my favorite islands! Finally, I highly recommend going to Monemvasia, it is so beautiful and has amazing small shops with local artists and craftsmen.

Greece Announces a Whopping 6.1% Growth Forecast for 2021!👏

Greece expects economy to grow by 4.5% next year, 2022 draft budget shows

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter