1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Hash

Last edited:
The number of tourists who visited Greece in the first seven months of the year was 4.5 million or 51.4% than a year earlier, but less than a third of the level recorded in 2019, according to Bank of Greece data! One of the first countries in the World recovering in Tourism Industry!👏👏

https://greekreporter.com/2021/10/04/greece-announces-a-whopping-6-1-growth-forecast-for-2021/
This is really good news, since many in Greece depend on tourism. It's not fully "back" but it's nice to see it start to rebound, given all that has happened.

mastichas09

This is really good news, since many in Greece depend on tourism. It's not fully "back" but it's nice to see it start to rebound, given all that has happened.
Yes, I think its like 80% of the economy is dependant on tourism

Reactions: efhernandez_

efhernandez_

That's a really high number!!! That's crazy.
Its actually a little less, but still super high in comparison to other countries. Greece is the #1 country that is dependant on tourism. "In 2018, tourism accounted for as much as 20.6 percent of the country's GDP, and 30 million tourists are said to have visited the country that year."

Fun Museums to Visit in Thessaloniki

I love Thessaloniki. There's also so much history! These museums I can visit over and over again. Those of you who know a lot about this city - please leave your tip choices! I always enjoy trying new things:

1. Archeological Museum
2. War Museum
3. Thessaloniki Museum of Photography (such talent on display!)
4. Byzantine Culture Museum

Aside from that, always love being near the White Tower - it's such a classic, iconic landmark.

Good Wedding Destinations in Greece?

I am not Greek, but I love the country. I am looking at it as a potential wedding destination. Does anyone have any advice? I have no idea where to start. Someone said to find a wedding planner in Greece. Also, I am not 100% sure on the destination but I have narrowed it down to the following places:

1. Milos
2. Crete
3. Santorini
4. Mykonos

Any advice that you have for me would be great. I am excited for this chapter in my life, but I have no idea where to start. I would think that I need to find a destination before I hire a wedding coordinator?

Researching Expat Communities in Greece

I am considering retiring in Greece and I am trying to figure out where to settle. Someone gave some really great advice in another thread to find where there are strong expat communities. I think this is a great idea! Now, my question is, where are there some great communities? Here is a look at my initial findings. Agree, disagree, have anything to add?

Athens - I suppose this makes sense, since it is the country's biggest city.

Peloponnese - I like the idea of living here, but I am not sure if it is too far away from places.

Corfu - Seems like there are more expats here than other Greek islands? I could be wrong ...

Tourism One of Three Drivers of the Greek Economy!

An integral and integrated part of Greek economy..... just hope they formulate legislative framework and mandatory fair pay/play for all the employees in Tourism Industry.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter