1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Does anyone have any predictions about what will happen this fall? Do you know if Greece has any plans to close the border as it did last year. I wonder if this summers tourism had an impact on covid cases and is causing the country to close again. Thoughts?

ellinasgolfer0320

Chances are there will be another lockdown - this is also what people in Greece believe too. The reason things are open right now is because Greece's gdp is dependent on tourism and without it the economy would crash.

Reactions: cf_fraiser
Chances are there will be another lockdown - this is also what people in Greece believe too. The reason things are open right now is because Greece's gdp is dependent on tourism and without it the economy would crash.
That's what my Greek friends are predicting too. Most countries are remaining open only if a majority of the population are vaccinated, but from what I know there is a big movement to stop mandatory vaccines in Greece so it might take a while for things to stay open year round

Reactions: Hash

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Really time will tell! As an FYI here is a good place to see the Covid data in Greece, updated daily:

Is it easy to rent an automatic car in Greece?

I really really wish I could drive stick, but I just can't...how easy is it to rent automatic? Thanks

European Travelling Rules Confusing and conflicting!

Greece Tackles Animal Abuse With New Pet Ownership Law !

I thought this is the appropriate place to post as it concerns travellers and summer workers too!We used to see so many abandoned cats and lovely dogs which people bring to the island and leave them behind....my dog Bhoo Bhoo found me by herself,we were the best of friends for many years until she got lost as tears come to my eyes!!😢.....The most saddest part was horses back in late 90s....We had a truly passionate and horse loving keeper from South Africa, after nurturing them, training them,I promoted Horse Back Riding Excursions 🐎.... Really enjoyable experiences for me together working with the Animal Welfare and rescue awareness!

Covid update: Greece launches mandatory testing for unvaccinated workers

Seems things are going back to being a little more strict
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter