1 - 5 of 5 Posts

efhernandez_

Does anyone have any predictions about what will happen this fall? Do you know if Greece has any plans to close the border as it did last year. I wonder if this summers tourism had an impact on covid cases and is causing the country to close again. Thoughts?

ellinasgolfer0320

Chances are there will be another lockdown - this is also what people in Greece believe too. The reason things are open right now is because Greece's gdp is dependent on tourism and without it the economy would crash.

Reactions: cf_fraiser

cf_fraiser

Chances are there will be another lockdown - this is also what people in Greece believe too. The reason things are open right now is because Greece's gdp is dependent on tourism and without it the economy would crash.
That's what my Greek friends are predicting too. Most countries are remaining open only if a majority of the population are vaccinated, but from what I know there is a big movement to stop mandatory vaccines in Greece so it might take a while for things to stay open year round

Reactions: Hash

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Really time will tell! As an FYI here is a good place to see the Covid data in Greece, updated daily:

k_tsoukalas

Does anyone have any predictions about what will happen this fall? Do you know if Greece has any plans to close the border as it did last year. I wonder if this summers tourism had an impact on covid cases and is causing the country to close again. Thoughts?
Honestly, it is hard to say. From CNN - it looks like this article was published, or at least updated, October 2021

Greece is the word for summer holidays.

Where to travel in Greece if you love wine!

If you love wine, Greece is some of the best places to go to! There are great wines all over Greece, but certain areas are revered for their high quality grapes and crisp wines. Some of my personal favorites are Santorini wines. For Santorini, I specifically recommend Assyrtiko which is the white wine that is produced most from Santorini. The second best place to go to Greece for wine is Thrace which is best if you like red wines such as Cabernet Sauvignon which is also popular in regions from across the world. I know Crete is also popular, but I have never been so I cannot comment on their wines!

Porto Katsiki in Lefkada is one of the best beaches!

Porto Katsiki is definitely one of the best beaches in Lefkada and probably the west coast of Greece. I suggest that you go to the beach pretty early, as the parking gets filled up and it will be difficult to find free parking. I personally like to go to organize beaches, which there are plenty of. You can also find a secluded area of the beach that is open to the public, and you’re able to bring your own towels, umbrellas, and food. Enjoy!

Check out my recommended travel itinerary for 2 weeks in Greece!

I have decided to share an itinerary that I send to all of my friends who want to go to Greece. I have travelled to quite a few places around the country, and feel like I have a good idea of where everyone should visit on their first trip. Of course, I always recommend a two week minimum one visiting Greece. There's just so many things to do, especially if you like the beaches and sightseeing. Let me know what you think!

1. Land in Athens and stay for 4 days (Acropolis, Monastiraki, Thisseio, Glyfada, Kolonaki, and Lykabitos are a must)
2. Spend 3 days in Paros enjoying the beaches and nightlife (Paros has the best of Santorini and Mykonos without being crowded or expensive)
3. Spend 2 days in another island of your choice that is not in the Cyclades (honorable mentions include Corfu, Lefkada, Skiathos)
4. Spend the remaining 5 days driving through Crete and visiting Chania and Rethymno (Elafonisi Beach is a must)

The Little Known Ammouliani Island !

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter