1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Hash

Onassis’ island of Skorpios in Greece turns into European resort for billionaires !

Now this is the news I have been waiting for!😂😂.....I can apply for a job to look after the beach, do some guest relations and build a little hut and live there!😂😂😂😂..
Seriously though it is a crying shame it was sold($153Million? is not a lot for this amazing island!).....it shouldn't have been necessary.... but as they say..... only the truth knows the truth....if anyone is interested seeing 'Christina' the beautiful Yatch.... YouTube Modesty Blaise the movie....she was always moored in Kalo Livadi in Mykonos nearly all summer anonymously of course!!😂
https://www.tornosnews.gr/en/tornos/luxury/47264-onassis’-island-of-skorpios-in-greece-turns-into-european-resort-for-billionaires.html

What is the best spa in Greece?

I am a total spa lover!! I love going to a spa to unwind and relax while on vacation and treating myself to a complete spa experience. I am debating on where to go in Greece this year and I would love to see some great spa locations, preferably a hotel with a spa attached so it is most convenient (I don't like to rent a car). Does anyone have recommendations and personal experiences at a great Greek spa? I am looking to get a massage and perhaps sit in a sauna and jacuzzi. Extra services are a bonus!

You should avoid these areas in Greece during demonstrations

According to the Canadian Government website, there are certain areas that should be avoided when traveling to Greece, especially on particular days where there are demonstrations.

Demonstrations are usually held on days of social or historical significance, such as:
  • Workers' Day on May 1
  • the commemoration of the Athens Polytechnic uprising of 1973 on November 17
  • the commemoration of the riots of 2008 on December 6
In Athens, demonstrations and marches occur primarily in areas around:
  • Syntagma Square, in front of the Greek Parliament
  • Omonia Square
  • the National Technical University complex on Patision Avenue
  • Exarchia neighbourhood
In Thessaloniki, they occur primarily in areas around:
  • Aristotelous Square
  • Egnatia Street
  • the Arch of Galerius
  • the campus of the Aristotle University
As always, take precautions and be safe!
More info: https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/greece

Greek tourism industry bounces back despite Europe's cost of living crisis.

They are already discussing to increase the hotel rates by at least 25%!

What place in Greece do you regret travelling to?

I thought I'd ask a more of a provocative question on this forum. I'm absolutely in love with Greece, and I truly think that every single place in the country is beautiful. But of course, some things aren't for everyone. Which makes me ask the question, what place in Greece do you regret travelling to? I can't wait to see some of these answers and debate in the threads!!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter