1 - 5 of 5 Posts

nadellii

Many may think that the Olympics is one of Greece’s most important historical moments about sports. But for those soccer fans and Greeks, you know that Greece winning the 2004 Euro cup was perhaps one of the most unexpected and important moments of sports culture in Greece. Greece was considered an underdog, and no one would ever think that they would win the euro, which is what made the win so sweet. I hope to one day see Greece over come all the odds and have a win like that again.

• Love
Reactions: Hash and Vangelis

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
This is so true! I remember what a big thing this was in 2004, thanks for sharing this video! 🇬🇷🇬🇷

Reactions: Hash

Hash

Many may think that the Olympics is one of Greece’s most important historical moments about sports. But for those soccer fans and Greeks, you know that Greece winning the 2004 Euro cup was perhaps one of the most unexpected and important moments of sports culture in Greece. Greece was considered an underdog, and no one would ever think that they would win the euro, which is what made the win so sweet. I hope to one day see Greece over come all the odds and have a win like that again.
Just picture this!!!...I had taken some time out as I was tired from working....so I decided to help out with peeling onions, carrots,and all kinds of Vegetables for Taverna Vangelis in Mykonos 😂😂 outside the Taverna in Platia Ano Mera.....and wait for it....who comes for Volta in Platia Ano Mera?.....The whole Football Team!!!!...The Phedhia sat with me for a few minutes and we had a good time together..😂😂👍👍👍

greek_ggirl

Just picture this!!!...I had taken some time out as I was tired from working....so I decided to help out with peeling onions, carrots,and all kinds of Vegetables for Taverna Vangelis in Mykonos 😂😂 outside the Taverna in Platia Ano Mera.....and wait for it....who comes for Volta in Platia Ano Mera?.....The whole Football Team!!!!...The Phedhia sat with me for a few minutes and we had a good time together..😂😂👍👍👍
What an amazing story!! Was this in the early 2000's??? Meaning, was it this team???

Reactions: Hash

Hash

Yes,it was this team!🤗🤗.... Terrific time celebrating all this and Olympic Games.... what an year!♥️♥️....An unbelievable atmosphere!
What an amazing story!! Was this in the early 2000's??? Meaning, was it this team???

Beautiful slideshow of Greek Christmas carolers to remember the old times

It's these types of videos that make me miss the old times in Greece! I have so many fond memories of visiting my family and carolling with my cousins. My favorite thing to do was play the triangle because it was so darn easy! I didn't even know all of the words to many of the songs but it was extremely memorable and fun nonetheless. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Where to shop for wedding dresses in Greece from local Greek designers!

As many of you may know, Greek weddings are a huge part of the culture in a really important way for both families to celebrate the union of love under God. Greece is also one of the best places to go clothes shopping! Especially for big items like wedding dresses because they aren't shipped from elsewhere (if you're getting them from a Greek designer that is). The quality is also super high and usually worth the price. My cousin goes to fashion school and she highly recommends Greek and Italian fashion designers! Here are a few that I have been looking at online.

These are the best Greek dances for big groups!

I love Greek dancing, and my favourite Greek dances are the ones that are done in massive groups for weddings, baptisms, and birthday parties. The Greeks really know how to have fun and have everyone join in! My favorite group dances are...

1. Kalamatiano: This is the most classic group dance and probably this easiest one to do and join in on
2. Tsamiko: This is probably the second most popular dance!
3. Balos: Balos is pretty easy to learn and is done in pairs (great for weddings)

A traditional Greek Christmas glendi (party)

This is the exact video I was watching last year in the middle of the pandemic, savoring time dancing with old friends. This is one of the most popular Greek tv shows that showcases Greek culture in the best way. In the video, you will see some of the most popular Greek songs with Greek dances and its of cheer and kefi! I hope you enjoy and that your Christmas is just as happy. Xornia Polla se olous kai kali xronia!

Did you know about the Greek New Years pomegranate tradition?

This is one of Greece's most beautiful traditions that is rooted in Ancient and modern traditions. The pomegranate is the symbol of good fortune, fertility and luck which is why it is associated with New Years. One of the Greek customs that people do on New Years is taking a pomegranate and breaking it open by throwing it outside of your house on New Years day. If you throw it hard enough and it opens on the fist try, it will bring the most luck to you and your family in the New Year!
Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter