1 - 1 of 1 Posts

nadellii

The first case of Omicron was detected in Crete about three weeks ago. The person who had contracted Omicron was traveling in South Africa and most likely contracted the variant there. He has pretty mild symptoms and has reached out to everyone he was in contact with and let them know that they should be quarantining. It is unclear how fast Omicron will be spreading in Greece but time will tell very soon. Keep updated and stay safe everyone!

Potamos beach in Malia harbor Crete is a quiet escape

Potamos beach is a very small beach in Malia Harbor. The beach is great because there aren't many organize beach clubs, meaning that you're able to just come to the beach with your own towels and umbrellas and stay for free. There are usually people walking around selling things, and you can always walk by it's the nearest store to pick up some cold bottle drinks. I highly recommend speech if you're looking for something more low-key and quiet.

What is the highest number in words from ancient greek

Maybe you can tell me what is the highest number to use in words in antique greek numeral system? Please help me ou really trying to find this!

Did you know that most Cretan restaurants will serve you raki and watermelon after your meal?

Whether you ask for it or not, most restaurants in Crete will serve you raki and watermelon free of charge after your meal. This is part of the Cretan culture and is considered very hospitable and philotimo. I personally always looked forward to it and it was a great part of the dining experience.

This Cretan food is the original farm to table!

I can't think of a more authentic and traditional way to eat Greek food. People in the United States would call this farm to table, but I just call it a regular day in Crete. I love the traditional way of cooking, it is so healthy, family oriented, and sustainable. I really hope that slowly the world starts to wake up and that we return back to this way of living and eating our food. Cheers to the Cretans who are keeping this culture alive.

Visiting Psychro Cave in Crete, also known as Zeus Cave

This is what the Zeus cave looks like in Crete. Ancient Greek mythology claims that this is where the ancient Greek god Zeus was born. Because of this, many many tourists flock from around the world to visit this cave. The cave is also revered as very special because there are many rare and valuable stones found within it such as amethyst. Here is a video clip that shows you the inside of the cave, if you are ever planning to visit.

Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter