1 - 2 of 2 Posts

seleanor

This video brings back so many memories to when I visited Greece to celebrate Easter in my cousins village. Everyone is just so happy and carefree, and enjoying the great food in the music. I hope to celebrate again like this very soon and get my hands on some fresh lamb that falls right off the bone. Is this how you and your family celebrate Easter?

Reactions: k_tsoukalas

k_tsoukalas

What a lovely celebration! I would love to spend Easter in Greece some day. It looks so memorable and fun!

What does malakas really mean?

As many of you may know, malakas is probably one of the most popular words and swearwords in the Greek language. I hear it all the time when I'm travelling in Greece, and even when I'm in the United States. People can't seem to get enough of it. And its original state, the word means "wanker" which is commonly used in the UK. Although, the word has taken on many forms and can mean pretty much anything from "you're my best friend" to "I hate you."

Any recommendations for Greek tv comedies to watch as a family?

Im looking to watch some funny and family friendly Greek tv shows to watch with the family! If anyone has any recommendations for Greek tv shows and where I can find them I would really appreciate it. I have a hard time finding international tv shows online these days. Thanks in advance! 😊

This Greek Evzone was made in the USA!

This makes me so proud and happy to see that people are connecting with their heritage from miles away and willingly doing the military service to serve their country. Bravo to the soldier and those that are like him. I can't wait to go to Athens again and visit the tomb of the unknown soldier.

What is considered taboo in Greek culture?

Every culture has their taboos and stuff that isn't really talked about or normalized. I am wondering what is considered taboo in Greece, and what I should avoid bringing up, or maybe only bring up with caution. Or if there's anything that I should avoid doing because I don't wanna offend anyone. Thank you so much, your advice is very much appreciated. I think it's very important to know these things before travelling to any country!
Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter