1 - 2 of 2 Posts

auroracoor1

I like to buy frozen fries and make these at home in the oven by sprinkling some feta on top!!! So easy and too good :)

greek-fries-768x512.jpg

k_tsoukalas

Yes! I do something similar. I use parsley sometimes, too. I also like to douse the fries with Greek olive oil before baking to give it that "Greek" taste.

How to Make Soutzoukakia?

I recently had soutzoukakia and I loved it! They seemed similar to Keftedes meatballs but they were shaped differently, and I couldn't tell but they may have been grilled?

Does anyone know how to make these? I was just going to make my regular meatball recipe and put it on a stick and cook it on the grill. I didn't know if there was more to it than that!

Quick Greek Dinner Ideas

Many of the Greek dishes I know how to cook are very time consuming for me to put together, like stuffed grape leaves and spanakopita.

Sometimes, I want to eat Greek food, but I don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Can you think of some easy Greek suppers besides salads to eat? I cook village salad and cabbage salad, but am also open for suggestions for different salads. I know I could always serve souvlaki with them. I know that is fairly quick, aside from the marinating.

Meat for Stifado?

I am getting ready to make stifado. I found these great fresh, small onions at the store and I knew that is what I had to do with them!

I am trying to figure out which meat to use. Could I use anything? Beef is expensive, I never really liked lamb in it... I was thinking maybe pork? Or should I just suck it up and use beef?

I have had it in Greece with rabbit but can't really find rabbit to eat here in the US.

Greek Cheeses to Eat in Greece...

Growing up outside of Greece, I ate a lot of Feta Cheese ... I mean, it's delicious! Also, it's the easiest to find.

I know that there are a ton of different cheeses in Greece, though, and the cheeses that are available are somewhat regional.

Here is where I know I am definitely going:

Athens
Corinth
Kythira

And if I have time, I was hoping to head to Santorini. I will be in Greece for about a month and I am not sure how long I will stay in each place. There's a lot to see and do in Athens alone, plus I have people to visit.

How to Use Spoon Sweets?

I am about to make my first ever spoon sweet. Someone told me that there was a it of a ritual associated with it?

I went over someone's house once and they gave me some spoon sweets with some Greek coffee and water. I am kind of getting the feeling that this is a pretty typical experience?

Besides the ritual, how else are spoon sweets used? Can I eat them like jam?
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube