1 - 2 of 2 Posts

auroracoor1

I like to buy frozen fries and make these at home in the oven by sprinkling some feta on top!!! So easy and too good :)

greek-fries-768x512.jpg

k_tsoukalas

Yes! I do something similar. I use parsley sometimes, too. I also like to douse the fries with Greek olive oil before baking to give it that "Greek" taste.

How to make unique sesame biscuits!

These are a unique version of the classic koulourakia! They are shaped in a unique curly circle with sesame seeds on top to add a pop of savoy flavor. Have any of you tried making these type of Koulourakia before or know what region of Greece they come from?

These are the best frozen spanakopita brands

Frozen and store bought spanakopita has been a staple in my house especially recently during covid when I have been stressed and not in the mood to cook. The best brands you can find are Greek brands, which are 7 Days, Athens and Krinos.

Other brands that are not authentic but probably easier to find are spanakopita at Whole Foods or Trader Joes. The ingredients are high quality and the taste is there! I just prefer supporting Greek businesses so whenever I can, I will buy from a Greek grocery store.

Please add your favorite brands in the comments!

Treat yourself or your loved ones to a Greek sweets basket!

Because of Covid, I haven't been seeing a lot of my friends and family and I haven't been able to celebrate with them for birthdays or the holidays. I thought that because so many of us are missing Greece and Greek food that it would be nice to get some of them a Greek sweets basket so they can remind themselves of the suites they ate growing up. Because this basket is bought online, you can deliver it to any address and really brighten someone's day. I hope you all enjoy it.

How to make roasted branzino

Branzino is one of my favourite dishes ever! I like to go to the fish market and get the freshest fish possible and ask the fish mongers which fish has been caught most recently. If you don't have access to fresh fish, I recommend getting fish that is frozen fresh or getting wild caught fish. Farm raised is definitely the last choice. Anyways, check out this recipe!

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter