1 - 2 of 2 Posts

auroracoor1

I like to buy frozen fries and make these at home in the oven by sprinkling some feta on top!!! So easy and too good :)

greek-fries-768x512.jpg

k_tsoukalas

Yes! I do something similar. I use parsley sometimes, too. I also like to douse the fries with Greek olive oil before baking to give it that "Greek" taste.

Tips for Working with Phyllo?

As I am reconnecting with cooking Greek food and tracking down some of my mother's old recipes (I lost most of them!) or recreating them through research, I realize I am rusty working with phyllo. Do you guys have any tips? In particular, the phyllo seems to be sticking together inside the package.

I enjoyed this video - do you guys have anything to add?

I have been thawing it on the counter and that I think is my first problem!

Gluten Free Moussaka?

I am going to a dinner party where the hostess is gluten free. I thought I would try making this and bring it to her house. What do you guys think of it?

I have made regular moussaka with gluten, so I think I will be okay with this (I am kind of new at cooking Greek food).

Good Tiropita Recipe to Share?

Does anyone here have a good tiropita recipe they'd like to share? My husband just told me that it was one of his favorite dishes and I want to surprise him by making it. I tried asking the ladies in his family and they tried to explain it, but no one has a recipe. I was thinking if maybe I could see a recipe, I could adapt it based on what they told me? I am sure he likes the way his family makes it best so I want to find a way to learn it, and then surprise him.

How Do You Make Your Greek Village Salad?

I got turned onto this salad recently and I realize that it's such a nice change of pace from the salads I usually make. I love how it doesn't use lettuce because I don't always seem to have it on hand.

Here is the combination I like for mine. How do you guys like making it?

- tomatoes
- cucumber
- green bell peppers
- red onion or scallion
- kalamata olives
- feta cheese
- plenty of olive oil
- oregano

I like it a bit room temperature so after I make it, I set it on the counter for maybe 45 minutes before I dive in. It also gives the flavors a chance to meld together. I would like to try making other combinations!

Good Greek Recipes for Fall

Summer is (sadly) behind us and now I am starting to experiment with some foods that seem more appropriate for this time of year. Since I am getting more comfortable working with phyllo I thought I would try pita with squash. I found this recipe a little bit ago:

Thought I would also try to make this:

I tend to like heavier food at this time of year.

Does anyone else have any suggestions of dishes I should try?
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter