1 - 2 of 2 Posts

francescool

Mussels are one of the those dishes that should stay pretty simple in my opinion. Their flavor is so strong that I don't want to mess it up. I add olive oil to a large pan and put the stove on medium heat. I add one yellow onion, red bell pepper, and garlic. I cook this down for 5 minutes and then add the washed mussels. I pour some cheap but tasty Greek white wine over the mussels, add cherry tomatoes and cover. I cook everything for 5 minutes only, overcooking will make the mussels rubbery. If some mussels don't open, throw them away, it means they aren't good. Add to a bowl and toss with parsley and feta cheese. Enjoy!

mussels-saganaki-recipe-720x480.jpg

Reactions: Vangelis

k_tsoukalas

This looks delicious! I used to overcook my mussels and they were gross that way. I feared that 5 minutes wasn't enough, but as it turns out, mussels don't take long to cook and they taste better this way.

How to choose a fresh fish at the fish market!

Choosing a fresh fish is going to be key for your dish and for your health. I don't usually go to the fish market when I'm home, but when I'm on vacation, and especially in Greece, I love going to the market to get fresh fish from local fishermen. If you don't know how to pick fresh fish, here is a great tutorial on how!

What are your favorite Greek summer recipes?☀️

Now that summer is in full affect, I definitely want to start cooking some great Greek summer recipes! Does anyone have any Greek recipes that are perfect for summer, I'm looking for something light, fresh, and potentially made on the barbecue! If you're able to drop some recipe links, even better!

How long can you store phyllo in the freezer for?

I've been stocking up on phyllo from the Greek supermarket for quite some time… about six months in the freezer. How long will it stay fresh for? And when will I need to use it by? If anyone has advice I would really appreciate it.

Is it easy to eat gluten free in Greece?

My husband has a gluten allergy and it’s been pretty difficult traveling and eating gluten free. There have been many cases where people tell us that something is gluten free and it’s actually not, and he ends up having an allergic reaction. Is anyone gluten free and has traveled around Greece? How difficult was it and can you share a bit about your experience?

What desserts are served at Greek weddings?

Are there any desserts that are specific to Greek weddings? I’m going to a Greek wedding this summer and I would love to know waht tasty treats are on the menu so I know what to look forward to! 😋
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter