1 - 2 of 2 Posts

nadellii

This is one of my favorite meals! Marinated steak tips with lemon, garlic and olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper. I made rice using wild rice with a chicken boullion cube for extra flavor. The salad is a super simple Greek style salad with lettuce and I added avocado for the extra nutrients. Stin igeia mas! 1B376B07-FFBB-421A-9F37-1868EF4B7E17.jpeg

knicks_fan87

Looks so tasty!! What type of steak did you use?

Does anyone have a good stifado recipe?

I used to make it, but I don't know where my recipe went and I never had it memorized. I plan to make it with beef. I recall we used a bunch of different spices. The main issue is the I can't remember the spice combination. Also, I used to make it in a pressure cooker but I no longer have one. I am assuming it's okay to do it on the stove?

How do you make your baklava syrup?

Every baklava syrup recipe I have ever seen is slightly different and I am trying to figure out what to do. Here are some ingredient combinations I have seen:

• Only sugar and water
  • Sugar, water, and honey
  • sugar, water, honey, lemon
  • sugar, water, honey, orange
  • I've also seen people add rosewater or even orange blossom water
Which combination is the most "Greek"?

Souvlaki Recipe from Cooking Greek Cookbook

Souvlaki is one of my favorite dishes to make (and eat)! At home, I tend to make it with boneless chicken breast, but when I go out I tend to order pork. I like to marinate the meat for at least a few hours, but I have found that overnight is best. Once it's done marinating, I add pepper and onion chunks to the skewers for extra flavor. Occasionally, I make them without the vegetables, but that is only if I don't have any on hand. The recipe from the Cooking Greek cookbook is almost identical to my method.

Check out the Cooking Greek Cookbook by Worldwide Greeks out on Hardcover, Paperback and eBook here!

pork-souvlaki-recipe.jpg

Lemon Potatoes Recipe from Cooking Greek Cookbook

Lemon potatoes is one of my all time favorite Greek dishes. I love the way the lemon tastes with potatoes, and it tends to pair well with just about every main course I could serve, but most especially poultry or seafood. Basically, if I've seasoned the meat I am serving with lemon, I tend to prefer these potatoes over other ways to prepare potatoes. The lemon also lightens up the dish, and the whole meal pairs well with salad or other vegetable side dishes. It's also easy to put together. I try to use fresh lemons because that elevates the dish to another level.

Check out the Cooking Greek Cookbook by Worldwide Greeks out on Hardcover, Paperback and eBook here!

greek-lemon-potatoes-recipe.jpg

Making Gluten Free Pasta for Greek Recipes

I have some people in my life who need a gluten free diet. When I have them over, I like to accommodate. However, it is easier said than done sometimes. I find that most other people don't even notice if I sneak a gluten free pasta in my Greek food here and there. I know I could always substitute rice for some dishes, but in some cases I really do feel I need to use the pasta.

I have a hard time finding the gluten free pasta that I need, so I was thinking to make it. I make pasta with gluten all the time but my first gluten free attempt was a disaster. It fell apart and I felt I didn't know how to control the dough.

Do you guys have any advice?
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube