1 - 3 of 3 Posts

nadellii

This is a tasty lentil salad I made with bulgar and lentils! I used leftover lentils that I had from a soup (I took them out of the pot before I added broth and seasoning) and quickly steamed some bulgar. I made a quick dressing with olive oil and lemon (sorry guys I don’t use exact measurements in my cooking!). I paired it with a salad and soutzoukakia (Greek meatballs). Hope you enjoy.
9A398617-097D-4BB2-A398-01B99B7BF0E4.jpeg

cubrinj

I love lentils! They're a great source of protein!

k_tsoukalas

This looks delicious! Thank you for sharing about this. I tend to only really eat lentils as part of a delicious soup.

Greek-Style Fish "Dressing"

I don't know what else to call this ... I bumped into a recipe for ladolemono that had olive oil, lemon, oregano, garlic, and some onion. I decided to make a ladolemono similar to this, but adjust the seasonings for fish.

I plan to make salmon this week! So instead of oregano I will be using freshly chopped dill, and I think garlic would be too strong from salmon so am going to use a small shallow and no onion either. What do you guys think? I think it sounds like it will be delicious, and I can maybe even use this for other seafood if it goes well.

Quick Greek-style pasta dishes?

Last time I was in Greece I ate a lot of pasta dishes. It seems like a common dish for every day cuisine. I had a version with Greek yogurt - I would love to learn how to make it! I also had something with an egg on it, someone told me it was from Mani? Does anyone know anything about these dishes? What other pasta dishes do Greeks eat?

"Greek-Style" Chicken Wings Question...

It is football playoff season and I want to eat wings! I thought I would try to mix it up and create a Greek style wings situation ... so I decided to use ladolemono (oil and lemon with garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, some onion). I marinate the wings in a bag overnight, then actually fired up the grill and cooked them.

They were delicious, but weren't crispy. I actually don't usually make wings, I buy them, so I have no idea how to make wings crispy. Other than that, they tasted amazing and I would do this again.

Advice making a smaller pastitsio

I love pastitsio, but my recipe calls for making it in a huge pan (bigger than a 9 x 13 and I think even bigger than a lasagna pan). Sometimes, I don't want to make that much! I am trying to wrap my mind around how to reduce the portions. I know I could halve the recipe but some of the issue is that I make this dish by feel and don't always follow the recipe to a T.

I really want to make it in an 8 x 8 because this is the perfect amount for dinner with no leftover. Sometimes I don't even want leftovers and just would rather make the food from scratch.

Can someone help me make fasolakia?

I recently had a mishap while making fasolakia. The beans all fell apart. I am assuming I overcooked the beans but I am not sure because I have cooked the dish this long in the past without issues.

What was different about this time is I decided to put potatoes in it to make it a bit heartier for winter. Should I have not done this? Maybe I really cooked it longer than I thought because of the potatoes?
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube