1 - 7 of 7 Posts

efhernandez_

Loukanika are so amazing! Greeks really know how to make some of the most juicy and flavourful meat. If anyone has any good restaurants in the Austin, Texas area that they could recommend for some great Greek food and loukanika I would really appreciate it :)
Loukanika-Greek-Sausage-720x480.jpg

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Loukanika are so amazing! Greeks really know how to make some of the most juicy and flavourful meat. If anyone has any good restaurants in the Austin, Texas area that they could recommend for some great Greek food and loukanika I would really appreciate it :)
View attachment 850
Everyone loves a bit of Greek loukaniko

lalajess

You can also find recipes online on how to make your own! My family used to do this. I love the way everyone has their own recipe. For me, it is the orange peel that really makes it special.

Reactions: nadellii

nadellii

You can also find recipes online on how to make your own! My family used to do this. I love the way everyone has their own recipe. For me, it is the orange peel that really makes it special.
Ive never tried it with orange! I usually use rosemary and thyme

Reactions: lalajess

lalajess

Ive never tried it with orange! I usually use rosemary and thyme
Some of my family I suspect might have roots on Crete, though that information got lost. From what I understand, there are a ton of orange trees on the island, so many of our family dishes involve oranges. I've actually never had it with rosemary for some reason!

Reactions: acamp7

acamp7

Some of my family I suspect might have roots on Crete, though that information got lost. From what I understand, there are a ton of orange trees on the island, so many of our family dishes involve oranges. I've actually never had it with rosemary for some reason!
So sad that so much information like that is lost in Greece. My relative said that a lot of documents got lost because of Turkish occupation. I wonder if that's what happened in your case

Check out these sizzling lamb chops I had in Greece

These lamb chops were phenomenal!!

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 8.20.30 PM.png

How to make Greek red peppers (Florina peppers)

I prefer these grilled and drizzled with a little bit of dressing. I cook the peppers in the broiler until the skins blister. When the skins are blackened and cracked (about 2 to 3 minutes on each side), transfer to a big bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let them sit for about 10 minutes. The skins will detach completely, and the peppers will be very easy to peel. Mix oil and vinegar in a small glass jar. Add the pepper juices, garlic, mustard, chili pepper, and salt and mix well. While the peppers are still warm, arrange them in a deep dish and pour the dressing over them. Partially cover the dish and let it cool, then cover and refrigerate! They're ready to serve!

Greek-Style-Grilled-Peppers-1-720x1080.jpg

The best slow cooked roast lamb youll ever eat!

I made this while back. The secret to cooking tender lamb is to cook it low and slow. I added carrots and while spices for this recipe.
0D10C744-888E-44BB-84F0-8079FD357043.jpeg

I had galaktoboureko and baklava at a fantastic Greek restaurant in Toronto!

Me and some buddies of mine went to Toronto's Greek town and had dinner and dessert at Christinas on the Danforth! The desserts were fantastic! We had my favorite, galaktoboureko and baklava :)

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 11.08.10 PM.png

Upgrade your skordalia recipe with walnuts!

Pulse the following ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth:
  • 5 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 cup crushed almonds
  • 1 slice stale or lightly toasted bread
  • 3/4 cup Greek olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • Salt, to taste
  • 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped parsley, to garnish
Garlic-Dip-720x520.jpg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter