1 - 6 of 6 Posts

greek_ggirl

I don't know if you've been paying attention to the news lately, but airports are super busy and understaffed. Especially in Canada. When you're travelling to Greece this summer I highly recommend that you bring a carry-on and don't check any luggage. This will make the process so much easier. I also recommend that you check in online, and if you have TSA pre-check or nexus, use that for sure. Greece just changed the rules this year and you don't need to fill out a plf form, so you're all set on that end.

Reactions: Hash

Hash

I don't know if you've been paying attention to the news lately, but airports are super busy and understaffed. Especially in Canada. When you're travelling to Greece this summer I highly recommend that you bring a carry-on and don't check any luggage. This will make the process so much easier. I also recommend that you check in online, and if you have TSA pre-check or nexus, use that for sure. Greece just changed the rules this year and you don't need to fill out a plf form, so you're all set on that end.
That's right swim wear and flip flops!😂!.... Good advice!.... They are extremely under pressure in all areas of Tourism !

Reactions: francescool
Summer in Greece is lovely, but it can also be very busy and hot! Here are a few tips for visiting Greece in summer to help you enjoy your holiday.

1. Visit Greece in summer, but try to come in June or September.
2. Prepare for the heat
3. Try different beaches
5. Pre-booking ferry tickets and rooms during busy periods is essential

Hash

Summer in Greece is lovely, but it can also be very busy and hot! Here are a few tips for visiting Greece in summer to help you enjoy your holiday.

1. Visit Greece in summer, but try to come in June or September.
2. Prepare for the heat
3. Try different beaches
5. Pre-booking ferry tickets and rooms during busy periods is essential
As I write Santorini and Mykonos are in overbooking mode!The rates are much higher than previous years!I will write detailed information later on!

Reactions: francescool

francescool

Definitely get an international drivers license just in case!

k_tsoukalas

I heard that this year, both Santorini and Mykonos have been crazy. Inflated prices, crowds. Is still pretty, though. :)

Nearly 8 Million Tourists Visit Greece in First Half of Year

Mind-opening Wellness Tips Post Covid - The Greek Vibe!

Making My Greek Travel Bucket List

I had a typical Greek-Australian upbringing in that my family came from Greece but trips back and forth growing up amounted to visiting friends and family. I really haven't seen much of the country and all that it has to offer. As an adult, I want to start visiting some of the places in Greece I really should see, but haven't had a chance. So, here's my list. What do you think I should add to it?

1. Visit the Parthenon - would you believe I've never really explored it? Usually we fly into Athens and then quickly move on to our destination.
2. Santorini - Again, I've never been. I want to go and see what all the fuss is about.
3. Kefalonia - I love hiking, and I heard this is a great island to explore nature?
4. Meteora - I've seen photos - it looks phenomenal and worth the trip.
5. Hydra - the fact that they don't allow cars here intrigues me - I know it's a day trip from Athens, but maybe it would be worth staying?

Any advice you give can help me plan a bit of a touristy trip to Greece. :) I do still have family and friends to visit, but I want to carve out some time to actually explore some places I have never been.

Advice for Staying Fit While on Vacation in Greece?

I live in California, and I am used to living a pretty fit lifestyle. Recently, I have been a weight loss journey, connecting to my Greek roots and the healthy foods that are part of the Mediterranean diet. Although I wasn't active for a long time, I have found that there are plenty of opportunities where I live in LA. There are a lot of gyms, parks, I go for daily walks, etc.

I am planning my next trip to Greece and I need your advice. How do I stay fit? We are planning to spend a few days in Athens and then do some island hopping. We won't be staying in a hotel with a fitness center. I plan to pack something portable, like my fitness bands, so I can do a quick workout in my room if I need to. Yet, I see that Greeks are very fit. What should I do while in the country? How do Greeks stay fit?

I am older, but in decent shape. I can walk, hike, etc. I was thinking of heading to Crete just so I can hike the Samaria Gorge. I have friend my age who did it and thought it was a great experience. I am open to any advice you can give.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter