1 - 2 of 2 Posts
I thought I would share a recipe for Greek yogurt pasta. I had it in a cafe in Greece once and have been making something similar ever since.

Ingredients

• 8 oz (225g) pasta of your choice (e.g., penne, spaghetti, fusilli)
  • 1 cup (240g) Greek yogurt (plain, full-fat for creaminess)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 lemon (juice and zest)
  • 1/4 cup (30g) grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup (30g) crumbled feta cheese
  • 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
  • 1/4 cup (60ml) pasta cooking water
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • Salt and black pepper to taste
  • Fresh parsley or basil leaves for garnish (optional)
  • Cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
  • Baby spinach leaves (optional)
Instructions

Cook the Pasta
:

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions until al dente.

Reserve 1/4 cup (60ml) of the pasta cooking water before draining the pasta.

Prepare the Sauce:

In a large mixing bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, minced garlic, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Mix well.

Add the grated Parmesan cheese, crumbled feta cheese, olive oil, dried oregano, and dried basil. Stir until well combined.

Combine Pasta and Sauce:

Add the cooked pasta to the bowl with the sauce. Toss to coat the pasta evenly.

If the sauce is too thick, gradually add the reserved pasta cooking water until you reach your desired consistency.

Season and Garnish:

Taste the pasta and season with salt and black pepper to your liking.

For an extra touch of freshness, toss in some halved cherry tomatoes and baby spinach leaves.

Garnish with fresh parsley or basil leaves, if desired.

Thank you, this recipe looks fantastic! I can't wait to try it.

Favorite Greek comfort foods?

I'm curious to know: what are your favorite Greek comfort foods?

Personally, I've heard a lot about moussaka and spanakopita, but I haven't had the chance to try them yet. Do you have any recommendations or recipes for these dishes? Or perhaps there are other less-known but equally delicious Greek comfort foods I should be aware of?

Looking forward to hearing your favorites and any tips you have for making or finding these comforting dishes!

How do you use Lemon in Greek cuisine?

I know that lemons are common in Greek cuisine. I cook Greek all the time, and I use lemons a lot!

What are some traditional Greek dishes that you use lemons for? I am curious what people do. I tend to make a lot of ladolemono and use it to marinate meats. I also use it as a garnish all the time for both meats and vegetables like spinach, asparagus, etc.

I had thought all Greeks use lemon a lot, but I went over someone's house (Greek) and they didn't seem as into it as my family is...

Popular Greek Foods to Serve at Weddings?

I am involved with planning a wedding where much of the cooking is going to be done by family, just like it is in Greece.

What are the popular and most common foods to serve at weddings in Greece? In that family many of them had been born in Greece so I am curious about what to expect.

Many of them haven't told me what they are cooking and I want to make sure there's enough food. All they basically say is, "We are making typical wedding foods like you'll find in Greece."

List of Famous Greek Chefs?

I'm looking to explore the world of Greek cuisine and would love to get a list of famous Greek chefs. Who are the top chefs in Greece known for their exceptional culinary skills and contributions to Greek gastronomy?

I'd appreciate any recommendations, whether they are well-known for traditional dishes or modern takes on Greek food.

Thanks in advance! Content can be in Greek or English too.

What is different about Greek cuisine in the US?

I am a Greek American living in the Boston area, and I have also been to Greece a lot.

I have noticed that there are some differences between here and Greece in terms of cuisine. I can't put my finger on it, but I know that things are just different.

Does anyone have any insights as to why? I feel like a large part is the freshness of all the ingredients. But I think the recipes are different, too.

Any advice on how I can recreate some of that magic here?
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back