1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Hash

Screenshot_2022-01-07-15-15-11-998_com.linkedin.android.jpg
We used to watch this ceremony by diving in the sea in ice cold water to retrieve the cross!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Last edited:

Visit the folklore museum in Mykonos

The folklore museum is one of the best ways to get to know the culture and heritage of Mykonos. Personally I find it very important to get to know the culture of the places that you visit, it provides really great context to your present day visit of Mykonos and you will start to notice the remnants of the history in the present day architecture, music and food all across the island. This museum is located near the neighborhood of Kastro in Chora.

Ftelia beach is the best secluded beaches in Mykonos

Ftelia beach almost has no organized beach clubs or restaurants, which makes it really great because there is a lot of privacy and little noise. It's also very cost effective as you don't need to pay for a beach chair and you don't need to order any food or drinks. I like to just set up a towel and enjoy the nature with my friends and family. The beach is located just by Ano Mera village so there's lots to do before or after your swim. The only thing you'll need to be aware of us at the beach gets pretty windy. Good luck!

Did you know that Mykonos has its own historical library?

Many people wouldn't think to visit a library on their vacation, but I do suggest stopping by just to check it out. Besides being a party town, Mykonos has so many beautiful aspects of Greek culture that shouldn't be missed out on. In the library, you'll be able to see many different books outlining the history and culture of Greece. The library is a historical municipal library, meaning that their books focus on preserving the history of Greece. The address to the library is Kampani 2, Mikonos (Kampani Mansion, Ag. Kyriaki Square, 846 00, Greece

Check it out!

Even Petro the Pelican loves Beautiful Koristia in Mykonos!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

Is Mykonos noisy at night?

Don't get me wrong, I am super excited to see all of the nightlife in Mykonos when I visit this summer, but I am a little concerned about the noise level at night past 2 am. Is it still noisy at this time? I don't stay out too too late, and I would love to be able to get some sleep after I come back home from the day. What is everyones experience? And is every area noisy? Or is the nightlife located in a central place that is easy to avoid when booking a hotel? Thank you in advance!!
Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter