1 - 2 of 2 Posts

blopez34

Happy Thanksgiving to the Worldwide Greeks community! What's everyone eating today, post your pics!

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Happy Thanksgiving!!

259880596_10157799160182257_5031578415045664454_n.png

What do you need to know if youre planning your wedding in Santorini

Please add any tips below that weren't mentioned in the video!

Any Greek Christmas movies that you can recommend?

The only Greek Christmas movie I know is Christmas Tango (Το τανγκό των Χριστουγένον), are there any more good ones?

The best Greek Christmas desserts!

Im already getting in the Christmas spirit! These are my favorite Christmas desserts...
Melamakarona
Baklava
Christopsomo
Kourabiedes
Koulourakia

What are yours?

What should I expect at a Greek wedding and baptism combined ceremony?

I'm going to a wedding this year where the couple will also be baptizing their child. What happens at these ceremonies? How does it all work? What should I expect as a guest. Ive never heard of this being done before, thanks!

Did you know that Greek wedding rings are an Orthodox tradition?

In the United States and all around the world, a wedding ring signifies an engagement and a future marriage. It's not necessarily a religious symbol, it's more cultural. In the Greek orthodox religion, wedding rings or a tradition that signifies the "exchange of the rings." Most wedding rings will have the partners name and engraved on the inside or the date of the wedding.
Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter