1 - 3 of 3 Posts

dimi_pat

I've heard of this museum but there's not much info on it online. Has anyone been? And would you recommend it?

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I have been to the Atlantis museum a few years ago during a trip to Santorini.

Here is a bit more information:

k_tsoukalas

It's such a cool idea, that the part of Santorini that got destroyed during an ancient volcanic eruption is actually the lost city of Atlantis. I have never been to this museum, but it is on my list!

Did you know that Santorini has an industrial tomato museum?

Santorini had a huge production of tomatoes, which was so big that they even have an industrial tomato museum that is open to the public. Santorini no longer exports as much tomato paste as it used to, I'm assuming because it became one of the most popular tourist hot spots in the entire world. The museum is located in the former D. Nomikos Tomato Factory, and I really suggest that you check it out!! Safe travels :)

The truth about costs in Santorini

Have you ever wanted some insight about the reality of how much you would spend in Santorini? Here's a video that does a pretty good job of showing you what some day-to-day expenses would be. If anyone has some advice on where to go in Santorini that is affordable, please let us know!

Yes, Santorini is as beautiful as they say

Today was my first day in Santorini and I must say I was astounded. I was worried that there was a lot of hype around the island, and that it might not be as nice as they say but I was wrong. It’s absolutely stunning. I believe that everyone should try and go in their lifetime.

4AF80C52-DB66-48DB-83C3-1CD1F1981FC9.jpeg

The Santorini crowds seem to be getting worse and worse

I can't seem to escape all of the criticism about the Santorini crowds. This makes me wonder… are the crowds getting worse? Or are people just posting about them more on social media? I haven't been to Santorini in many years, but this is just a glimpse of what you may be faced with when visiting the island. Of course, take it with a grain of salt, and the whole island will definitely not be full of people. I do recommend visiting in May, June, and September if you want a quieter vacation.

Stunning Santorini wedding at Le Ciel Santorini

Santorini has become one of the most popular destinations for weddings for so many years now. This wedding is absolutely stunning and the view is what makes it! Le Ciel Santorini is one of the most luxurious hotels on the island, and is located in the northern part (not too far from Oia). It is a common destination for weddings and I highly recommend it for anyone who is interested in getting married in Greece.

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter