1 - 3 of 3 Posts

dimi_pat

I've heard of this museum but there's not much info on it online. Has anyone been? And would you recommend it?

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I have been to the Atlantis museum a few years ago during a trip to Santorini.

Here is a bit more information:

k_tsoukalas

It's such a cool idea, that the part of Santorini that got destroyed during an ancient volcanic eruption is actually the lost city of Atlantis. I have never been to this museum, but it is on my list!

What do you recommend for a three day trip to Santorini?

I'm thinking of only visiting Santorini for three days. My friends are a big history lovers and they want to spend most of our trip to Greece in Athens. But I convinced them that there's no way we're visiting Greece without visiting Santorini. So we decided on just three days, what are the must see things to do on the island? Any advice is much appreciated.

The best times to visit Santorini

Santorini is one of those islands where the timing is super important! Unfortunately, the island gets super crowded and sometimes dare I say unpleasant because of the number of people and tourists. If you're willing to travel in the off season, I highly recommend it. September to October and April to May are the best times to go. I personally prefer mid September because I like a strong sun so I can get a good tan.

The best zeibekiko danced on Santorini island

This Zeibekiko was danced with so much passion! Bravo! I miss wandering the streets of Greece and stumbling upon a group of talented musicians and dancers. This is what truly makes Greece so beautiful, and especially the fact that they are able to share it with the world. The song is called Zeibekiko tis Eudokias for those who are wondering, it is one of the most famous zeibekiko songs.

Where to go shopping in Santorini Greece

Shopping in Santorini is one of the best experiences you can ever have because the shops are so unique and much of the stuff is handmade if you go to the right places. Santorini clothing has a very carefree and flowing vibe to it. Many of the clothes are white and made of linen, and match the colours of the island. The best places to shop is around Fira, the city center has the most ammount of stores and the greatest variety.

Has anyone taken a cruise to Santorini?

I've always considered whether it's a good idea to take a cruise around the islands, or just visit them myself. Has anyone taken a cruise around Santorini and the neighbouring islands? I don't know the pros and cons and whether it's a good value. I'm looking for someone with personal experience who can share a bit about their trip. If you have any specific companies that would also be great. Thank you in advance.
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter