1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Are there any old school rebetathika that exist still? I would love to check one out in Athens and see some great Greek live music!

Reactions: seleanor

seleanor

k_tsoukalas

Are there any old school rebetathika that exist still? I would love to check one out in Athens and see some great Greek live music!
I do bump into this kind of music live in Greece, but to be honest, I haven't been since the pandemic so I don't know what is available now.

Check out Vouliagmeni for classy beachside restaurants

Vouliagmeni is about half an hour from Athens by car and is a great place for beachside dining. I find that this area has amazing views and is much less crowded than Athens. I haven't been to any beaches there, so please let me know if there are good spots to swim nearby. I usually go for dinner if im staying in Athens and then take a taxi back. My favorite spots are Ithaki and Lavros. :) Check them out!

My favourite Athens suburb

I just love Exarcheia and these videos give a great insight into its unique and colourful nature.

Make sure to bring your water bottles and sunscreen to Athens! Its heating up

Year after year, Athens is hitting record highs for temperature. This year, it's getting so hot that we're seeing wildfires again. I highly recommend that if you're visiting the city, that you wear a lot of sunscreen and stay very hydrated. Heatstroke and sun disease are actually very common in Greece, and can be very dangerous. Make sure that you're in the shade, and stopping in restaurants and shops that have air conditioning.

Athens for 2 nights

I will be coming to Athens with my family for 2 nights. What are the must do during this time? What would you recommend?
Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter