1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Are there any old school rebetathika that exist still? I would love to check one out in Athens and see some great Greek live music!

Reactions: seleanor

seleanor

k_tsoukalas

Are there any old school rebetathika that exist still? I would love to check one out in Athens and see some great Greek live music!
I do bump into this kind of music live in Greece, but to be honest, I haven't been since the pandemic so I don't know what is available now.

Has Anyone Watched a Game in Opap Arena?

I am a huge sports fan but have never watched a football game at Opap Arena. I am trying to figure out if I should take in a game next time I am in Greece. From what I understand, the Arena is in the Athens area? Here's the link:

Any recommendations you have would be great. In particular, I see from the website that there is a restaurant there. Is it any good, or should I plan to eat somewhere else?

Reconnecting with My Love of Greek Food in Athens

I grew up eating all the traditional Greek dishes, and then some. As an adult, I have gotten away from it. To top that off, I lost my mother's recipes and I never properly learned how to cook Greek food when I was growing up. I am thinking of visiting Greece, particularly Athens, not only to see the sites but to also reconnect with Greek cuisine.

When I am in Athens, do you have any recommendations on the best foods to try - maybe a favorite restaurant or something? I don't know where to start!

Attica Group Inaugurates its 3 New AERO Highspeed Vessels

A truly corporate group of team, should have joined them back in the 90s.... sailed several times Ancona -Patra..... very memorable moments and experience.... unbelievable food onboard and ambience!♥️♥️

Have you ever tried pistachios from Aegina?

If you were looking to get away from the heat of the city, Aegina is the perfect island to go to. It is a pretty quick boat ride from Piraeus and you can explore both ancient ruins and remote villages. The island is pretty big so I recommend you get a car or ATV/motorcycle. The island has amazing pistachios with many different traditional desserts made from the nuts. You can find many pistachio stores lined up right outside of the port that sell pistachio butter, pistachio brittle and pistachio honey. I always get a few pistachio souvenirs for my family and they love them!

View of the Acropolis from Thisseio

Thisseio is a great place for cafes and rooftop bars and restaraunts that have stunning views of the acropolis both during the day and at night. This picture was taken from Thisseio View, a cafe named perfectly for one of the best views in the city. The food is pretty good, nothing amazing but definitely worth going for a drink and a snack.
0B79373D-6706-4436-90F9-5EDB46B3B37E.jpeg
Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter