1 - 9 of 9 Posts

axariotisxy

I want to take a trip to the village of Assos in Kefalonia to see what authentic Kefalonitiko life is like. Any advice?

Kefalonia-720x480.jpg

dimi_pat

Assos village is beautiful but TINY! I went to visit and I saw the whole thing in half an hour. It's not a bad thing...I just didn't expect it. I think it only has about 100 people living there.

Reactions: acamp7

acamp7

You definitely need a car to get to the village, it's quite isolated and difficult to get to!

Cathoasgood54

Assos is beautiful, and very small. You need a car to get there, but worth the trip x

greek_ggirl

Cathoasgood54

Couple of hours, take it easy, go for a stroll, stop for a beer, just take in the scenery and watch the world go by, be Greek!

• Haha
Reactions: dimi_pat

dimi_pat

Couple of hours, take it easy, go for a stroll, stop for a beer, just take in the scenery and watch the world go by, be Greek!
That's exactly what I did when I visited LOL

Kefaloniabyus

I want to take a trip to the village of Assos in Kefalonia to see what authentic Kefalonitiko life is like. Any advice?

View attachment 185
Assos Kefalonia us a beautiful little village. We often visit Assos and sit and have lunch at one of the traditional tavernas overlooking the harbour and pastel coloured buildings. For more info see here www.kefaloniabyus.com

Kefaloniabyus

Assos Kefalonia us a beautiful little village. We often visit Assos and sit and have lunch at one of the traditional tavernas overlooking the harbour and pastel coloured buildings.

Last edited:

Have you been to Assos village?

Kefalonia-720x480.jpg

What are the Cyclopean walls?

What can I do at the cyclopean walls site? Does anyone know if there are tour guides? I would love to learn more about the walls from an expert

What are the best places to go to in Kefalonia?

Please let me know some of the best places you’ve been to in Kefalonia! I’m dying to go and want some advice on where to go. Pictures would be appreciated :)

Special dishes from Kefalonia that I should try

This is kind of an awkward question, but I just started dating this girl from Kefalonia, Greece. And she keeps telling me about all of these amazing dishes that her family cooks that are specific to the village that she's from. Can any of you tell me what dishes are specific to Kefalonia? I would love to try them so I can impress here lol.

Is climbing Mount Ainos in Kefalonia exhausting?

Has anyone climbed Mount Ainos? I would love to take on the challenge but I'm a little out of shape LOL. How difficult is it?

mount-ainos-kefalonia-720x480.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter