1 - 8 of 8 Posts
I want to take a trip to the village of Assos in Kefalonia to see what authentic Kefalonitiko life is like. Any advice?

Kefalonia-720x480.jpg

dimi_pat

Assos village is beautiful but TINY! I went to visit and I saw the whole thing in half an hour. It's not a bad thing...I just didn't expect it. I think it only has about 100 people living there.

Reactions: acamp7

acamp7

You definitely need a car to get to the village, it's quite isolated and difficult to get to!

Cathoasgood54

Assos is beautiful, and very small. You need a car to get there, but worth the trip x

greek_ggirl

Cathoasgood54

Couple of hours, take it easy, go for a stroll, stop for a beer, just take in the scenery and watch the world go by, be Greek!

• Haha
Reactions: dimi_pat

dimi_pat

Couple of hours, take it easy, go for a stroll, stop for a beer, just take in the scenery and watch the world go by, be Greek!
That's exactly what I did when I visited LOL

Kefaloniabyus

Assos Kefalonia us a beautiful little village. We often visit Assos and sit and have lunch at one of the traditional tavernas overlooking the harbour and pastel coloured buildings.

Last edited:

A walking tour of Argostoli, Kefalonia 🏖️

Walking around (or even biking) is one of the best leisurely wats to get to a know an island in Greece. That's why I love to visit Greek islands, is because you usually won't miss anything because everything is so quant and small and walkable. If anyone has any advice about the island of Kefalonia, I would love to know. My best tips that I have to visit in Kefalonia are Katovrahes and Melissani cave.

These are the top monasteries that you should visit in Kefalonia

If you were interested in learning about the Greek Orthodox religion, monasteries are a great way to start. They represent a very traditional and preserved part of the religion, that you will not find in the church. I always recommend visiting operating monasteries so that you can get an opportunity to see the monks. Here are some of the top ones in my opinon

1. Monastery of Argilion
2. Monastery of Agios Andreas
3. Monastery of Lagouvarda
4. Monastery of Sissia

Check out this beautiful traditional Greek music and dance in Kefalonia

This is some of the most beautiful Greek traditional music and dance that I have seen. If anyone knows the name of the actual song and the type of dance, please let me know. I hope that one day I'll be able to visit the island and join in on one of the celebrations. I'm not even sure what they're celebrating, but it looks great. If anyone has more information on the video, I would love to know.

The Kefalonia-Ithaca Geopark is now an official member of the UNESCO World Geoparks Network

This is huge news for Kefalonia and the conservation of the geopark. This means that UNESCO will play a pivotal role in supporting efforts to educate about and preserve the sustainability of the geopark. This will have an impact on tourism and help sustain some of the eco-tourism efforts that we have been seeing all around Greece. Bravo to the government and the municipality of Kefalonia!

Single travellers

I am arriving in Argostoli at the end of May. I am a single traveller, dont drive, quite elderly! Anyone have suggestions re trips/excursions? (Am a seasoned visitor to the island).
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter