1 - 5 of 5 Posts
I would love to visit one day and do a photoshoot at the bridge! Any tips for getting there and which season is best to visit Kefalonia?

Argostoli-720x468.jpg

Reactions: tomipark

francescool

I love this bridge! It was formerly called Drapano Bridge and it is the longest stone bridge over the sea in the world! I always suggest going to Greece between May - September when its the warmest and liveliest.

tomipark

Check out the turtles in the lagoon right next to the bridge! There are so many of them

k_tsoukalas

This is such a neat site to visit! Being able to see the turtles might be the highlight for me.

#OnKefalonia

I would love to visit one day and do a photoshoot at the bridge! Any tips for getting there and which season is best to visit Kefalonia?

View attachment 344
Let me know when you are in Argostoli and if we are there (we live there and UK) I will give you a guided tour - I am a photographer so can give you some good vantage points :)

Greeces most unique lighthouse is in Kefalonia!

This is the only lighthouse ive seen that doesn't even look like a lighthouse! It was originally built in 1828 by a British administrator named Charles Napier. The lighthouse was completely destroyed during an earthquake that ravaged the island back in the 1950’s but was rebuilt in the 1960’s. I love how there's so much history behind every building in Greece :)

Lighthouse-of-Saint-Theodoroi-720x480.jpg

Assos is the best seaside village in Kefalonia

Assos is one of the best spots to visit in Kefalonia because you get a small town village vibe but its right by the water!

Kefalonia-720x480.jpg

Municipality of Kefalonia

Hi there!
I hope everyone is healthy and safe! I do ancestry research, my grandfather was born on Kefalonia. I am looking for contact information for the municipality of Kefalonia to locate records. Does anyone have contact info?

Best Regards,

Sandy

Visit the Nautical Museum in Kefalonia!

The Nautical Museum of Sami in Kefalonia was established by a resident of Sami named Sotiris Marketos who is a sailor’s son who developed a fascination for shipbuilding and the sea. He would go on the serve the Greek shipping industry for over three decades. He was concerned that his naval town didn’t have a nautical museum and decided to create one. You can learn about shipbuilding, the different types of vessels, the environment, and creatures of the area. View wooden models of vessels that span the course of 3,500 years. These vessels are made by Sortiris Marketos himself.

Arbutus berries are Kefalonias Christmas time fruit that can be used for anything!

You will find these strawberry like berries all over the island during Christmas time! They can be used to make jams and a variety of fruit and even eaten plain as a snack! Some people like to make a sweet liquor with it or mix it in to popular Greek liquors like ouzo. Many locals will decorate their house with branches of the berries, I guess you could say its a Kefalonia version of wreaths and mistletoe. I believe in Greek its called koúmara but I'm not too sure, if there are any Greek speakers on this forum please help me out!
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter