1 - 3 of 3 Posts

acamp7

I love Byzantine culture!! What types of artifacts does this museum hold? And does it have anything important to the Byzantine empire? I'm looking to see some one of kind pieces

d_kakavouli

Yes they totally have unique peices! They have icons from the 16th century that aren't anywhere else. Definitely worth a visit

It is located in the former church of the Holy Mother of God Antivouniotissa! I love the location

Did you know that there is a museum of Asian art in Corfu?

The collection is from George Manos, who was a Greek diplomat. The building was originally a Japanese museum but then it was converted to a museum of Asian art after George Manos donated his collection. I haven't been but it seems so cool that this exists in Corfu

Have you been to the Byzantine Museum of Corfu?

I love Byzantine culture!! What types of artifacts does this museum hold? And does it have anything important to the Byzantine empire? I'm looking to see some one of kind pieces

What are some of the best dishes local to Corfu?

Hi guys! First time visitor to the Ionian islands here! What should I get a taste of in Corfu? Any tips?

What are the best places for nightlife in Corfu?

I would love to take my wife out for dancing! Are there any good spots in Corfu?

The best spot in Corfu is Strinilas village!

Strinilas village is at the top of the highest mountain on the island so there's a really cool breeze and an amazing view of the island. I'd really recommend visiting if you have some time in the afternoon to get a great look at the sunset. There's also a great winery in the village that you could visit and do a tasting! Check it out :)

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter