1 - 2 of 2 Posts

dimi_pat

These turnovers are soooo good but a little hard to come by. They are made with squash and cinnamon and sugar. Some variations also have raisins and cloves. It really depends on your taste.

9439B0AD-CD5F-4358-BD7E-4E7EBFCAFD0D.jpeg

k_tsoukalas

I haven't but I've had similar dishes elsewhere in Greece. The versions I've had were delicious. If I see the Cypriot version I will be sure to check it out.

Making My Own Phyllo?

I have been having trouble with frozen phyllo - it sticks when I take it out of the package. I will try to switch to a different brand, but I am wondering if I should actually give making my wn phyllo a try? Do you guys have any tips for me?

I found this recipe - does it look good to you guys? I have never done this before:

Gluten Free Moussaka?

I am going to a dinner party where the hostess is gluten free. I thought I would try making this and bring it to her house. What do you guys think of it?

I have made regular moussaka with gluten, so I think I will be okay with this (I am kind of new at cooking Greek food).

Info about the Greek Mediterranean diet

I love Greek food and I am trying to stay healthy and lose weight. So, I have been following a healthy lifestyle and trying to adopt the Mediterranean diet. I noticed that some Greek foods are kind of meat oriented, but I have realized that a lot of these foods aren't eaten every day. So, I have been researching. Here are some resources I found:

I would love to find some other resources. Share them if you know them!

Tips for Working with Phyllo?

As I am reconnecting with cooking Greek food and tracking down some of my mother's old recipes (I lost most of them!) or recreating them through research, I realize I am rusty working with phyllo. Do you guys have any tips? In particular, the phyllo seems to be sticking together inside the package.

I enjoyed this video - do you guys have anything to add?

I have been thawing it on the counter and that I think is my first problem!

Interesting Greek Dishes to Cook

I found this list of Greek dishes to cook. Some of them I have cooked, some I have not. Either way, I was thinking of trying them out, even the ones that I have cooked before - every chef has their own way of doing things and I thought this might be a nice project for this fall. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter