1 - 4 of 4 Posts

efhernandez_

This museum is lesser known but I've heard amazing things from friends who have visited! There is a very interesting exhibit that is currently being put on titled "Visualizing humanity." It is the first project by the Network of Contemporary Culture Museums of the Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Sports. I really would love to visit this exhibit since it showcases the phases of life and culture, mainly inspired by important moments in Greek history. There are four "chapters" in the exhibition, my favorite concept (whiteout seeing it of course) is Feels Like Home. :)

ladytina

I haven't heard of it, but I agree that the museum, and the exhibit, both look worthwhile. Do you know i fit is Greek Culture and History in a general sense, or is it specific to Thessaloniki and Macedonia?

Reactions: greggd12

greggd12

I haven't heard of it, but I agree that the museum, and the exhibit, both look worthwhile. Do you know i fit is Greek Culture and History in a general sense, or is it specific to Thessaloniki and Macedonia?
It showcases Greek artists from all over the country as well as foreign artists!

k_tsoukalas

It showcases Greek artists from all over the country as well as foreign artists!
That is neat! It sounds like something I should put on my list the next time I am in Thessaloniki.

What neighborhoods do you recommend that I visit in Thessaloniki?

I’m only planning on going to Thessaloniki for a couple of days so I’m wondering what would be the best neighborhoods to visit. Personally, I’m not looking for anything super touristy. I like to go out to eat and shop around, and usually go back to my hotel around 10pm, so not much nightlife for me. Let me know what you all think!!

Beware of the roads in Kavala, Greece!

Kavala is a small and beautiful city near Thessaloniki which has some of the windiest and steepest roads. If youre not used to driving in Greece, especially with a manual car I highly recommend that you don't drive yourself. The roads are not for amateurs and it is a much better idea to walk around the city or use taxis. Good luck for anyone visiting! It is one of my favorite cities in the North. Let me know if you would like recommendations! :)

What do people like about Thessaloniki?

I love these videos so much because I get great insight into what locals actually like about different cities. In my opinion, there's so much to like about Thessaloniki. I really love how the city has so much culture, and you can see how the influence of different empires has impacted the cities architecture. Would you agree with some of what I said in the video? Or do you have a different perspective? Let me know!

What are the best day trips from Thessaloniki?

I’ve been wanting to visit Thessaloniki for a while now, but of course I can’t visit a city without hitting the beach right after! Are there any good day trips from the island that people recommend?

You should check out a PAOK soccer game at Toumba Stadium in Thessaloniki

Toumba Stadium is where the PAOK Football Club plays all of its games! Soccer games in Greece are very exciting and full of energy. I would argue that they're probably some of the most passionate soccer fans in the entire world. Of course, if they're playing a rival team I recommend exercising caution. Sometimes the fans can get pretty rowdy and fights can break out. It's definitely a great place to go if you're in the city! :)
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter