1 - 5 of 5 Posts

tomipark

I would love to hear your review of this museum and if you think its worth iti!

Lotjeurope

If you are in to archeology you should visit the museum. The displays on Akrotiri our really nice. It is an old fashioned museum, but we like it. I would recommend the combination ticket and also go to see Akrotiri!

k_tsoukalas

Jerry s

If you go to Santorini it is a must see even if you are not in to archeology and do it with a guided tour.
I would also recommend you go to Nea Kameni volcano Island, walk up to the top where the craters are.
If you have spare time take the ferry to Thirasia and have lunch at the waterfront restaurants, the seafood is fantastic and not as pricey as in the main island.

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

kosta_karapinotis

If you go to Santorini it is a must see even if you are not in to archeology and do it with a guided tour.
I would also recommend you go to Nea Kameni volcano Island, walk up to the top where the craters are.
If you have spare time take the ferry to Thirasia and have lunch at the waterfront restaurants, the seafood is fantastic and not as pricey as in the main island.
Nea Kameni for sure!! Its unlike many things you can see in Greece, super unique

New Raddison hotel opens in Santorini!

Thoughts on chain hotels on the island? Im not a huge fan tbh...

You should visit the Gyzi megaron Museum in Santorini!

This museum is great because you can learn about the true culture and history of the island. The museum houses great authentic and intricate engravings, local clothing so you can see what people used to dress like, mabs, and a general overview of Santorini history. The artefacts are from the 15th to the 19th century and there are many pictures that show what the island used to look like before it was one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world.

gyzi-megaron1-720x540.jpg

I loved Cape Columbo in Santorini Greece

I can't say enough about how much I loved visiting cape columbo! I love unorganized beaches because im so sick of the music they play at these beaches, I want some peace and quiet! And the water is super warm which is great for the off season. Have any of you been? What did you think?

What scuba diving is like in Santorini

This is a sneak peek into what you can see while scuba diving in Santorini

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter