1 - 1 of 1 Posts
J

John Stefan

Why was Hercules Allowed on Mount Olympus and the Other Sons Of Zeus where not? I look forward to some replies.

Do you think Helen of Troy was abducted? Or did she escape willingly with Paris?

Many people think that Helen of Troy is a love story… but the details of the story are quite contested. She was said to be the most beautiful woman in the entire world, and the son of Zeus. Her image is depicted in so many ancient Greek illustrations and her beauty was referenced throughout many Greek mythological stories. In some versions of the myth, they depict Helen as Paris's lover, who willingly fled with him. On the other hand, other stories depict her as a victim who was abducted by Paris. What do you all think? Here is a link of the full story...

Did you know that you can book Greek mythology vacation packages?

I can't believe this even exists! But I'm so glad it does. This website offers vacation packages that are based on Greek mythology. If you've always wanted to go to famous places in Greek mythology, you definitely need to look into this. I've only been to a few locations on this list, but I definitely recommend Athens, Mount Olympus and Delphi for those that are interested in travelling through history and time while in Greece.

How accurate is the Thanos movie in comparison to Greek mythology?

Thanos is a popular Greek movie but also an important figure in Greek mythology. Im wondering if any Greek mythology geeks know anything about whether or not there is any historical accuracy in the movies. I'm not sure if these big blockbuster movie companies are actually doing their due diligence to research and do justice to the Ancient Greek Myths.

The story of Hercules

Hercules is probably one of the most famous Greek figures, having a famous Disney movie after his story. As most Greek mythology stories, his starts from a dark place, being unwanted by his family. The Oracle provided him with 12 labors that he needed to defeat. This video goes over all of them!

Have you ever wanted to read the Odyssey without reading the Odyssey?

If you're not a big reader like myself, this video is perfect! If you didn't know, the odyssey is one of the most important classical poems in Greece. It is a massive poem that reads like a book. It follows the story of Homer and his escapades throughout different areas of Greece after the Trojan War, specifically Ithaca. Let me know what you think of this summary.

Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter