1 - 4 of 4 Posts

mastichas09

Megalochori is one of Santorini's most beautiful villages! You can't visit the island without walking around and seeing the sights. When visiting, be careful of the residents who are staying there. Santorini has had a problem with people walking on the buildings and making too much noise. Yes it is a very touristy place but there are many residents that still live there. Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing this video! Having just been to Santorini a few weeks ago this video is great, but does not even come close to capturing the beauty of Santorini!

IMG_2051.jpg

Reactions: Vangelis
Of all the places I have been on Santorini, somehow I missed this village. I will make it a point to go next time!

This is sooo pretty! I ended up in this village the last time I visited the island!

Off the beaten track suggestions for Santorini?

I've been completely mesmerized by the postcard photos of Santorini, but beyond the blue domes and the sunsets of Oia, I'm looking to uncover some of the island's best-kept secrets. What do you suggest?

Have you stumbled upon any villages, beaches, or local haunts here that you loved? Or maybe historical sites too? I am just looking to do something different that what is typical.

Views like this wouldn't hurt!

santorini-greece.jpg

Iconic Dress Photo on Santorini

I love the photos I see of people who are wearing that beautiful flowing dress, and the photo is taken with the backdrop of the gorgeous island.

I love the photo and want to do one for myself.

How can I do this? I heard that it is actually a business? Does anyone have any details?

Hotel in Santorini with a view like this?

My wife and I are going to Santorini soon. We usually stay with people, but they don't live on the caldera like this.

I thought it would be a nice treat to stay somewhere for a few days that his this kind of a view!

I know there are some great caldera-perched places in Oia. I know they're expensive but they seem worth it.

Anyone have any recommendations?

santorini-greece.jpg

Dealing with the crowded sunset on Oia

I tried to see the sunset on Oia - I was only there for a day. It was sooo crowded it was nuts.

I do want to give Santorini another chance but I need help finding a different sunset spot. I ended up watching the sunset by a dumpster - and it felt good enough.

I just don't know what to do - there was NO WAY I was going to be able to see it in Oia with how many people there were.

Best places to eat in Santorini?

I have heard horror stories about the expense of the food in Santorini.

Now, I love Santorini - it's just been a while since I've been.

I don't remember the food being pricy, and I don't remember where to go. Do you have any advice? I want to try some of the authentic Santorini foods.

Truly, it's been at least five years since I have been, if not longer.
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back