1 - 2 of 2 Posts

cubrinj

I love Santorini...but I hate touristy crowds!! These are some of my favourite villages to visit when trying to get some peace and quiet on the island. Let me know what you think!

Imerovigli
Emporio
Perissa
Pyrgos
Megalochori

k_tsoukalas

There are some great villages to visit on Santorini - here are some other favorites:

When I go to the island, I usually spend most of my time in Oia. So pretty!

Has anyone taken a cruise to Santorini?

I've always considered whether it's a good idea to take a cruise around the islands, or just visit them myself. Has anyone taken a cruise around Santorini and the neighbouring islands? I don't know the pros and cons and whether it's a good value. I'm looking for someone with personal experience who can share a bit about their trip. If you have any specific companies that would also be great. Thank you in advance.

Where to explore the history of Santorini

Santorini has such a deep and rich history that definitely should be explored on your next trip to the island. The Ancient Byzantine Castle is one of the best places to start your exploration of the history of the island. The Byzantine Empire played one of the most influential roles in the culture in history of ancient Greece. The empire was led by Christian rulers, who spread the Greek orthodox religion throughout the country. You can also visit the Akrotiri Archaeological Site which shows ruins from the bronze age, dating back to 1600 BC. Safe travels!

Did you know that Santorini has an industrial tomato museum?

Santorini had a huge production of tomatoes, which was so big that they even have an industrial tomato museum that is open to the public. Santorini no longer exports as much tomato paste as it used to, I'm assuming because it became one of the most popular tourist hot spots in the entire world. The museum is located in the former D. Nomikos Tomato Factory, and I really suggest that you check it out!! Safe travels :)

Stunning Santorini wedding at Le Ciel Santorini

Santorini has become one of the most popular destinations for weddings for so many years now. This wedding is absolutely stunning and the view is what makes it! Le Ciel Santorini is one of the most luxurious hotels on the island, and is located in the northern part (not too far from Oia). It is a common destination for weddings and I highly recommend it for anyone who is interested in getting married in Greece.

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter