1 - 2 of 2 Posts

greek_ggirl

Etiquette and body language is extremely important in any culture, especially in Greek Culture. This doesn't meant that you need to follow everything and try to act "Greek" but I think its helpful to be aware of the expectations of others, especially so that you don't offend others. Let me know if you like this video and think its helpful in understanding some of the main components of Greek etiquette.

Last edited:
Reactions: mastichas09

mastichas09

Etiquette and body language is extremely important in any culture, especially in Greek Culture. This doesn't meant that you need to follow everything and try to act "Greek" but I think its helpful to be aware of the expectations of others, especially so that you don't offend others. Let me know if you like this video and think its helpful in understanding some of the main components of Greek etiquette.

I love that we talk with our hands :)

Do Greeks Celebrate Halloween?

I know that Halloween isn't something that is traditionally Greek, and that is true in other places in Europe, too. However, I have noticed in my travels that some countries have been embracing it. Is this the case in Greece or do Greeks mostly ignore it?

Upcoming Greek Holidays to Think About

I am really trying to reconnect with my Greek heritage and one thing I realized - my family has gotten away from some of the Greek traditions surrounding major holidays. My family used to celebrate a lot, but many of those who have kept traditions alive have passed away. Is there anything between now and Christmas? What Christmas traditions should I prepare to do this year? I found this link - what do you guys think?

Finding a Wedding Planner in Greece?

I decided to do a destination wedding in Greece. I mentioned in an earlier thread that I am not an Orthodox Christian but have decided on the Athens area because I think there are some great photo opportunities all over the city and it is a bit more accessible. Anyway, I know I need help getting everything organized. How does one go about finding a wedding planner in Greece who can help?

Greek-American Thanksgiving Traditions?

My husband's Greek-American family celebrates Thanksgiving even though a lot of them are from Greece. They have a traditional Turkey meal with mashed potatoes, gravy, roasted squash, etc. I did notice that they also can't help themselves and regularly serve Greek dishes on the table like pastitsio and spanakopita. They also make these ground beef, rice, and chestnut dish they call "Greek stuffing". I am curious - what do you guys all do for a Greek-American Thanksgiving?

Do you have any favorite Greek traditions for Christmas?

I know that there are a lot of Greek traditions and some of it depends on where in Greece you or your family is from. I thought I would share mine, I want to hear yours!

** Singing Greek Christmas songs together and going out caroling
** Agios Vasselios - "Greek Santa Claus"
** Melamakarona (Can't wait! It's almost time to start making them!

What are yours?
Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube