1 - 5 of 5 Posts

dubai_suzie

This is the third highest mountain in Rhodes and one of the best places to hike on the island

Reactions: kcixcy

kcixcy

This is the third highest mountain in Rhodes and one of the best places to hike on the island

Thanks, Im always looking for more places to hike in Greece. I would add Lindos Peninsula Lookout https://www.alltrails.com/trail/greece/rhodes/lindos-peninsula-lookout

Tpebop

why pay 58 euros to Hike to Profitis Ilias . I can walk it for FREE. By the way there is more than one Profitis Ilias on Rhodes.

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

kosta_karapinotis

why pay 58 euros to Hike to Profitis Ilias . I can walk it for FREE. By the way there is more than one Profitis Ilias on Rhodes.
Thats crazy....Ive never seen places where you have to pay to hike. What a joke

k_tsoukalas

Did you know that the Italian influence in Rhodes is HUGE!

Many people don't know that Rhodes' Italian influence is pretty recent and not from Roman times. The last time Italians set foot in Rhodes was in 1943 after World War 1. It was only until 1947 that Greek became a part of the modern Greek state. Italians really contributed to the development of the island and to the culture and architecture. This is one of the reasons why Rhodes is so unique and has a pretty different vibe than some of the other islands.

We had snow last night on Rhodes

Most of the island had the snow.Even on coastal areas like faliraki & afandou. The 1st time in 35 years

Palace of Grand Masters being converted

work to start soon to convert it into cafe / restaurant .

lot of flooding after 29 December storms

Lindos & Pefkos had a lot of damage .

My favorite villages to visit in Rhodes

Rhodes has some of the most beautiful villages from any of the Dodecanese islands in my opinion. I love to roam around, take pictures and stumble upon quaint restaurants with amazing locals. This is just my personal list, and of course I'm sure there are many more villages that are equally, if not more beautiful.

1. Lindos
2. Faliraki
3. Theologos
4. Rhodes Town
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter