1 - 4 of 4 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

Hiking at this gorge is one of the best things you can do in Rhodes! I highly suggest you visit if you're on the island and interested in nature and adventure

sevensprings.jpg

k_tsoukalas

Administrator
This looks gorgeous! I've heard great things about it. Do you know if you can bathe in the hot springs?

greeceluvl74

You know, Rhodes has a rich history and it is all too easy to get caught up in that and forget how beautiful the island is. Of all the places in Greece I've visited, I found the natural beauty on Rhodes to be amongst the most stunning. I will have to add this hike to my list for next time when I visit.

Reactions: mastichas09

mastichas09

You know, Rhodes has a rich history and it is all too easy to get caught up in that and forget how beautiful the island is. Of all the places in Greece I've visited, I found the natural beauty on Rhodes to be amongst the most stunning. I will have to add this hike to my list for next time when I visit.
It's amazing!! I visited a while back and I would love to go again

Traveling to Rhodes for the First Time?

I am researching potential places to visit in Greece. Rhodes is on the list because someone told me it was a great place to go to imagine the times when the Greek mythological stories were a prevalent part of the culture (Mandraki Harbor). I was thinking of spending a bit of time there. Do you have any recommendations on what else I should do while there? Some possibilities:
  • Explore the ruins from the Knights of Saint John
  • Acropolis at Lindos
  • Beaches - Faliriki, Lindos Beach, etc (did I miss any beaches - these are the ones that most intrigued me)
What else should I see? Thanks!

Recommend a good beach near Rhodes Town?

I am trying to plan my latest trip to Greece. To be honest, I don't like to plan too heavily, but I do like to know where I am staying and have a general idea of things to do. Whether or not I do them once I arrive is another story, but at least I have options.

There are a lot of beaches near Rhodes Town. Do you guys have a favorite? Some options I found:

• Elli Beach
  • Kato Petres Beach
  • Sachtouri Beach
I am just basing this list on what I found on the Internet. I have no attachment. I love beaches that have services close or as part of the beach. Like a toilet, maybe a restaurant or cafe.

Traveling to Rhodes this Year?

I have a friend who was supposed to go to Rhodes this year as part of a cruise. This isn't until September. She saw about the fires and is freaking out a little bit. The cruise company hasn't been in touch yet.

Do you guys have any advice on what she should do, so I can pass it along to her? She's not online much so I thought I'd post this for her.

Web cameras on Rhodes

There are several cameras. go to youtube.com
search for DHMOS RODOY

Valley of Butterflies in Rhodes?

I learned about this cool place on Rhdoes I want to see.

Valley of Butterflies is a sanctuary on Rhodes for severe; species of butterflies and is worth a visit. This natural haven is nestled in the middle of a winding stream and surrounded by rocky hills, flowers, and trees. The valley is home to abundant flora and fauna, including 150 different types of butterflies and moths such as the Jersey Tiger Moth, the Spotted Fritillary Butterfly, and the Painted Lady Butterfly.

The best time to visit this natural paradise is from late June to early September. During this period, the butterflies start their 5-day mating cycle, creating beautiful yellow-colored walls along the Rhodos stream. Visiting this place during this period gives you the chance to revel in the delightful colors and aroma of butterflies fluttering around your head.

I found this great video about it:

I don't know I fi will have a chance to go next year, but it really does look neat!
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT