1 - 3 of 3 Posts

seleanor

Greek style pizza is so tasty :) I love making it at home with my kids when I have a little extra time on my hands

For the bread: 1 package active dry yeast, 1 teaspoon sugar, 3 cups all-purpose flour plus more if needed, 1 cup warm water, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/8 cup Greek olive oil, plus extra for the baking sheets, Extra all-purpose flour for your hands and the work surface

For the toppings: 1/4 cup Greek olive oil, 1 large onion, sliced, 2 large tomatoes, sliced, Salt, to taste, Pepper, to taste, 2 teaspoons dried Greek oregano, Greek olive oil, to garnish, feta cheese

After you punch the dough down, begin making the ladenia. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a round pizza pan or a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or brush with olive oil. Roll out the dough or stretch it onto the pan. Drizzle the olive oil over the dough and then top with onion and tomato slices. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the toppings, to taste. Sprinkle with dried oregano. Place the pan in the center of the oven and bake until the dough is cooked all the way through. This should take 40-45 minutes. Remove pan from oven and cool for about five minutes before serving.

Ladenia-720x480.jpg

Absolutely loved your bread recipe....better than mine!!
For a more traditional "Greek Flatbread Pizza", I added crumbled feta, sliced Kalamata olives and sliced pepperocini a couple minutes before end of baking. After it came out of the oven I sprinkled fresh chopped basil on half the pizza and other half with chopped mint. Try it...Kali Orexi ❣❣

k_tsoukalas

Yum - this looks delicious. Thank you for sharing this recipe!

Where to get the best gyros in Athens

Athens has some of the best street food in Greece! You can pretty much get great street food anywhere in Greece, but these are some of my best suggestions for the next time that you're in Athens. I recommend ordering a gyro pita with tzatziki, french fries, tomatoes, and onions! It's the classic gyro and you won't be disappointed.

- o Gyros Pou Gyrevis
- Tylixto Greek Wrap
- Just Pita

Did you know that fresh mint can help cure nausea?

Greeks have been using herbs for medicinal purposes for generations, and these recipes and tips have been passed down from generation to generation. Greek spearmint or mint is one of the best ways to cure nausea and an upset stomach. Of course, if you have a serious medical illness you should seek the help of a doctor because mint is not a replacement for medical treatment. Next time you feel ill and nauseous, try adding mint to your herbal tea and see what happens!

Do you know where honey gets its taste?

A little known fact, is that the flavor of honey will depend on where the bees are getting their nectar. Meaning that if the bees are getting their nectar from sunflowers or evergreen trees, your honey will taste totally different and have a completely different color! I personally love evergreen honey! This video explains it much better than me...check it out

How to make homemade Greek yogurt

This process is straight out of a Greek village! Fresh Greek yogurt is so wonderful, and tastes nothing like what you get at the grocery store. The flavor is so rich, and the texture is so creamy. If you have the time and resources, I really suggest that you try this out.

Recipes using feta cheese!

These are the best recipes that you can make from feta cheese! You can also sprinkle feta cheese on pretty much anything, but I like to incorporate it into these :) I like to use Greek feta cheese brands like dodonis, it's a traditional Greek brand that they now sell in the US

1. Tiropita
2. Briam with feta cheese
3. Feta saganaki
4. Whipped feta cheese dip
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter