1 - 3 of 3 Posts

greggd12

I am thinking of going on some historical tours and visiting museums in Crete. Do you have any advice for some good historical sites to visit? I’m looking for something a bit more experiential. I love history but my husband isn’t so into it. Any advice?

k_tsoukalas

I would definitely visit the Knossos Palace, and also the Archaeological Museum in Heraklion. Many of the artifacts found throughout the island are housed in the museum. Here's a pic of part of the palace:

knossos-palace-720x480.jpg

• Love
Reactions: kosta_karapinotis
The Heraklion Archeological Museum is great! There’s actual physical ruins outside that you can visit and there’s a museum with artifacts as well. That was my favorite part. It was pretty hot outside so we were going back and forth from the outside ruins to the inside lol.

Please show me pictures of the best beaches you visited in Crete!

Hey guys! I’m visiting Crete this year and I wanna go see some of the best beaches that Greece has to offer but there’s way too many to choose from. Do any of you have pictures from your trip? I would love to hear details from your experience.

How can I experience history up close in Crete?

I am thinking of going on some historical tours and visiting museums in Crete. Do you have any advice for some good historical sites to visit? I’m looking for something a bit more experiential. I love history but my husband isn’t so into it. Any advice?

What is Cretan culture like?

I love getting to know the specific culture of the places I travel to. I've heard that Crete is pretty unique! What's special about Crete that I can't experience anywhere else?

What is your favorite city in Crete?

I'm trying to plan my itinerary and I want to hit up as many cities in Crete as possible. What are your favorites? :)

Where can I find adventure in Crete?

Hi fellow travelers! My two sons are super adventurous and love to do all of the crazy teenage stuff that they see on youtube. I am planning our trip to Crete and I want to book any activities beforehand. Any tips for beautiful Crete??

crete-greece-250x167.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter