1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Are there any Greek traditions that you all know of that help get rid of the evil eye? I've been feeling a bit off lately and my friend said that someone may have given me the evil eye. Help!

nickstamoulis

Administrator
Staff member
When I was a kid, my Yiayia (grandmother) would take care of getting rid of the evil eye (mati).

Now I wear a Greek mati evil eye charm on my chain next to my cross of course that I bought in Greece...that seems to do the trick :)

240F0B27-ADF3-45C4-A90E-490074247AB7.jpeg

Gigi

I thought the charm was to protect yourself if someone try’s to give you the evil eye- but what do you do if they already did ? How do you remove it?

Reactions: nm1999

dimi_pat

I thought the charm was to protect yourself if someone try’s to give you the evil eye- but what do you do if they already did ? How do you remove it?
There are special prayers called Vaskania that are meant to get rid of the evil eye. I don't know them but they're usually passed down from family members

Gigi

There are special prayers called Vaskania that are meant to get rid of the evil eye. I don't know them but they're usually passed down from family members
Thank you!

Reactions: nm1999

What are your preparations for Holy Week?

What do you have planned? My family and I will be attending socially distanced church service and painting eggs! :) I'm so excited, I love this time of year

Please comment any links you have for virtual church services!

I'm in lockdown right now in Athens and I'm not able to attend any church services. If anyone has links for virtual church services I would really appreciate it :) Happy Easter everyone!

What do name days mean?

Hi everyone! My husband is Greek and I know name days are super important in the culture but I still don't really understand what they mean and what is their significance. Can someone explain it?

Greek festivals in Australia?

My Australian cousins are wondering if anyone knows of good Greek festivals happening this year. I thought this would be a great place to ask

Where can I buy Greek crosses online?

Do you have any good online jewelry stores where I can buy crosses?

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter