1 - 5 of 5 Posts

dpappas87

I was asked to be a nona (godmother), and I'm helping my best friend plan the baptism for her firstborn son. We're so excited but we want a lot of her family members to be present. I know technically baptisms are supposed to be held inside the church, but has anyone heard of baptisms being outside? She's planning on having the baptism in Greece, and the weather will most likely be very nice. Does anyone know if this is possible?

nickstamoulis

Administrator
Staff member
I would say the following could help with a safe Greek baptism (although I am not a Dr.):

- Mandatory masks
- Limit amount of people
- Try to have good ventilation if indoors or outdoor reception after church
- Social distance tables and seat people with same households

Anyway, there are a few things that come to my mind, congrats on being the Nona, it is a huge lifelong honor! :)

Reactions: mastichas09

mastichas09

I would say the following could help with a safe Greek baptism (although I am not a Dr.):

- Mandatory masks
- Limit amount of people
- Try to have good ventilation if indoors or outdoor reception after church
- Social distance tables and seat people with same households

Anyway, there are a few things that come to my mind, congrats on being the Nona, it is a huge lifelong honor! :)
I would say the same! Try and keep everything outdoors if possible and speak with the priest beforehand and see if they can put the kolibithra outside. If you explain that you want close family (especially elderly) at the baptism, I'm sure they will understand.

twogreekwomen

I was asked to be a nona (godmother), and I'm helping my best friend plan the baptism for her firstborn son. We're so excited but we want a lot of her family members to be present. I know technically baptisms are supposed to be held inside the church, but has anyone heard of baptisms being outside? She's planning on having the baptism in Greece, and the weather will most likely be very nice. Does anyone know if this is possible?
It is not possible to have a Greek wedding outdoors as the physical church is a symbol that is very much part of the service. Perhaps only family be allowed inside and others remain outside until the service is over.

Reactions: cf_fraiser

d_kakavouli

It is not possible to have a Greek wedding outdoors as the physical church is a symbol that is very much part of the service. Perhaps only family be allowed inside and others remain outside until the service is over.
Does this apply to baptisms as well?

What should I expect at a Greek wedding?

I'm going to a Greek wedding this summer for the first time, are there any customs I should be aware of? I'm so excited!!

How can I have a COVID safe baptism?

I am a non-Greek and I don’t know how to choose Godparents

I am six months pregnant and I'm married to a Greek guy and we've been having lots of discussion about Godparents. I'm not Greek so I don't know too much about Godparents and I've never had any. Could anyone give me some advice on how to choose Godparents? I’m so lost!!

What are some trendy and new ways to dye Greek easter eggs?

hey everyone! My husband is Greek and we're going to be celebrating Greek Easter this year and I wanted to know if there are any trendy or cool ways to die a Greek Easter eggs. I want to add my own twist and get the kids involved too. Drop pics if you have them!!

Happy Greek Independence Day!!

Happy Greek Independence Day everyone! I'm so grateful to have this platform and community. I wish everyone health, safety, and happiness. How are all of you celebrating today? Drop your pics in this thread! 🇬🇷

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter