1 - 3 of 3 Posts

francescool

I always struggle to keep chicken breast juicy! Are there any tips for Greek style chicken breasts?

greek-grilled-chicken-720x480.jpg

nm1999

It starts with some high quality chicken breast! I always get free range, hormone free, and organic. It always makes a difference in the taste of the food

Reactions: Gigi
Try marinating the chicken overnight for the best results! The longer it marinates the better and jucier it will be. Make sure you add lots of olive oil because chicken breast is very dry and will need fat in order to cook and not stick to the pan/grill

Fried olives? Ive never heard of this before

Did anyone know that fried olives existed? I found a few recipes online but I'm wondering what olives are best to use and what to put in the batter

Is olive tapenade just blended olives?

How do I make olive tapenade? Do I just put olives in a blender?

tapenade.jpg

Can I make gluten free pastitsio?

Are there any recipes for gluten free pastitsio? My daughter is gluten free but she still wants to enjoy pastitsio

gluten-free-pastitsio-720x481.jpg

Great recipe for Greek bean salad!

• 1 recipe ladolemono (oil and lemon) dressing
  • 3 cans (usually around 15 ounces) beans of choice, such as chick peas, navy beans, butter beans, kidney beans, black eyed peas, etc *
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 cup of chopped vegetables of choice, such as tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers
  • 1/3 cup fresh, chopped herbs of choice, such as parsley, chives, oregano, basil, and more
  • Feta cheese, optional
  • Greek olives, optional
greek-bean-salad-900x600.jpg

Recipe for Greek fried zucchini!

This is a quick and easy recipe that I use that's pretty healthy (especially if you use high quality olive oil)

1. Mix salt and pepper with flour
2. Dip sliced zucchini into the seasoned flour and shake off any excess
3. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan
4. Fry a few zucchini slices at a time in the hot oil until golden brown
5. Serve with skorthalia or tzatziki dipping sauces

Kolokithakia-Tiganita-Fried-Zucchini-720x476.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter