1 - 4 of 4 Posts

auroracoor1

Do you have any tips for travelling with kids in Greece? I have three kids and my husband and I are planning on visiting next summer, going to Athens and Crete.

Reactions: redsoxdw_

redsoxdw_

Crete is definitely a great place to go with kids. There’s plenty of nature and smaller villages that are great for exploring. The only issue is that the island isn’t super accessible by walking or transit, so you’ll most likely need to rent a car. My kids really enjoyed going to the beach and playing beach volleyball or playing in the sand. It tired them out and they were ready for a nap in the afternoon.

TatianaS

It depends on the ages of the kids! For the flight I make sure I always pack tons of their favorite snacks, activities and download their favorite movies on an ipad! Once in Greece it's pretty easy if you rent a car and use gps. There are so many beaches, parks, shops, and sites to see. I also can't recommend airbnb or other home rental sites enough! Having your own apartment with a kitchen is very convenient and offers a great space for the kids to relax after a day at the beach. An apartment also saves money on food as you can prepare some meals and snacks at home.

Reactions: dubai_suzie
The great thing about the city is that there are many kids play places in the area. They usually offer a cafe where the adults can drink coffee and relax while they watch the kids play.

Exciting day trips from Athens?

What are your favorite places to go for day trips in Athens?

Greek Social Sites

Hello All,

Any recommendations on the best native Greek sites to meet people from Greece?

Planning to go to Greece this summer and am interested to connect with some new people...

Thank You

Is the Benaki museum worth it?

Hi guys, is the Benaki museum worth the trip? I’m backpacking through Europe on a budget, and I’m trying to see what the most “bang for your buck” places are.

How useful is the Athens subway system?

I'm going to be traveling to Athens this summer but I won't be renting a car...how easy is it to get around on the subway?

Are there student discounts for Athens museum tickets?

I just moved to Athens a few months ago but I haven't been to any of the museums because of the pandemic but I'm planning on going this summer. Does anyone know if there are student discounts for museum tickets?

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter