1 - 2 of 2 Posts

cubrinj

Knowing some basics of Greek mythology can really help in understanding a lot of art throughout the years. A lot of art is based around concepts of Greek mythology and uses similar inspiration. According to this article, Pandoras Box, Perseus and Andromeda, The Minotaur, Icarus, Leda and the Swan, and Achilles are standout myths.

k_tsoukalas

Knowing some basics of Greek mythology can really help in understanding a lot of art throughout the years. A lot of art is based around concepts of Greek mythology and uses similar inspiration. According to this article, Pandoras Box, Perseus and Andromeda, The Minotaur, Icarus, Leda and the Swan, and Achilles are standout myths.

I agree, and the stories are fascinating! Here's another resource for mythology:

Who was Horkos in Greek mythology?

Horkos' mother was Eris (goddess of strife) and no one knows who his father is. He is most famously known in the story of Aesop's fables where a man borrows money from someone but has no intention of paying it back. The story best displays the importance of earths in Greek mythology and I'll keeping your word was one of the most important things in the ancient Greek judicial system. Horkos means oath in Greek.

horkos-720x826.jpg

Hades is the Greek video game inspired by Greek mythology

Hades is a popular video game released few years back that is inspired by Greek mythology. In Greek mythology, Hades himself is the god of the underworld which is similar to hell in biblical stories. The Olympians were very scared of Hades which is why the video game creators chose Hades as the main character of the game. I suggest that all of my video game and Greek mythology lovers check out this game!

The Titan God Atlas is the one who held up the world

Atlas is one of my favorite characters in Greek mythology...he is literally the one who held up the world with his extreme strength. He was sent to hold up the earth as a punishment after the war between the Titans and the Olympians.

atlas-720x961.jpg

Check out this Greek mythology podcast!

I thought I would share this podcast for any fellow Greek mythology lovers who like to listen to a podcast on their commute or their morning walks. I love a little dose of mythology throughout my day and Im so happy that this podcast shares a bit of Roman mythology as well! There is so much more that I don't know about mythology that I've been learning just by listening to a few episodes. Hope you enjoy

Movies inspired by Greek mythology that you should watch!

These aren't really "Greek" but they're great for those who love Greek mythology!

1. Disney's Hercules
2. Percy Jackson series
3. 300
4. Troy
Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter